Your parents don't react well to you dating - part two (requested)

After you got back home with Taylor and started to head upstairs to bed, there was a knock at the door. Taylor went back down and opened it, shocked to see your parents standing there. "Mom? Dad? What are you doing here?" You were angry and frustrated. Your parents showing up on your doorstep out of the blue after what they said to you tonight only made you angrier.

Taylor put her hand on your back and started rubbing small circles on it, a simple reminder that she was right by your side. "Can we come in?" You looked at Taylor for a few seconds before stepping aside and letting them in. "Can we sit? We really wanna talk with you and Taylor." You were hesitant, but sat down on the couch with Taylor as your parents sat on the couch across from you. "We really want to apologize. We had no right to react like that and to say the things we did. This is just new for us. But we love you y/n, we love you so much, and we want you to know that we accept you and Taylor being together. You're our little girl and your happiness will always come first. As long as Taylor makes you happy, which we can tell she really does, then we're happy. We never want to lose you. We love you."

You didn't really know what to say. You felt the tears falling from your eyes and you got up to walk over to your parents. You hugged them and thanked them for having a change of heart, for finally seeing how much you love Taylor and how happy she makes you. "Maybe we can have a do-over dinner? We'd really love to get to know you Taylor." Your dad opened his arms and Taylor smiled, walking over to him and giving him a hug. She hugged your mom afterwards before pulling you in her arms, both of you feeling relieved at how accepting your parents were now. "That sounds nice." Taylor said, pressing a kiss to your head. "Tomorrow?" Your mom asked with a glimmer of hope in her eyes. You gave them one last hug, this time much longer than the one before.

They left a few minutes later and Taylor closed the door behind them,holding her arms open for you. "I told you everything would work out somehow." She smirked, grabbing your hand and leading you upstairs so you could go to bed. You were both so excited to have dinner with your parents tomorrow.