she comforts Carter when he has to get a shot

Carter couldn't be less thrilled about having to get a vaccination. He's been dreading it since you made the appointment a few days ago. He begged you and Taylor not to take him, to the point where he cried and clung to your legs.

You had no choice because in the long run this would be good for him, but he was persistent not to get it. "Carter it'll be alright." You tried to assure him but it was no use. When the nurse came in with the needle he started to cry. He looked between you and Taylor with tears in his normally bright eyes, that were now much sadder. His bottom lip was trembling and the tears started to fall from his eyes. "It's gonna be okay baby." You took his hand in yours and gave it a little squeeze but it only made him cry harder.

Taylor climbed onto the table and pulled him on her lap, her arms wrapping around his stomach and he tossed his head back on her shoulder. His cries calmed a little but the tears still fell, intensifying once again when the nurse walked over with the needle. "No!" He screamed, wailing and gasping for air as he sobbed harder than you've ever seen. "Hey, look at me, baby." Taylor whispered and turned him around, letting him bury his face in her sweater.

The nurse moved to the opposite side and wiped his arm. Taylor could feel his hands balling her sweater up in his tiny fists. She started to gently rub his back while you ran your hand through his hair. "Okay, just a small pinch." The nurse said as she poked him with the needle, a sob leaving his lips until she finished and pulled the needle out a few seconds later, a bandaid with his favorite cartoon character placed over the spot.

"It's over now, honey. You did a good job." You said and pressed a few kisses to his head. Taylor carefully stood up and Carter wrapped his arms around her neck. Taylor wiped his cheeks and kissed his forehead, the nurse giving him a big smile as she pulled out a little jar. "You did great buddy. You want something?" He looked in the jar and back up at the nurse. "Can I have both?" He whimpered, rubbing his eyes with his fingers. He was eyeing a sticker and a piece of candy, and the nurse couldn't resist but letting him have both.

He smiled and grabbed both from the jar, squirming in Taylor's arms as she tickled his side. "Let's go home now." Carter cheered, looking down at his bandaid as she sucked on his candy, the sticker on his hand and his arms till around Taylor's neck. "Wanna go get some lunch?" Taylor breathed against his hair and Carter nodded happily, excited about lunch with you and Taylor. He talked the whole way there about his sticker and his bandaid, thinking that maybe the shot wasn't too bad if he got to have lunch afterwards.