coming home to find you asleep

Taylor expected to come home to find the house quiet and dark like it always is at this time. Instead, she could faintly hear the sound of the tv in the living room.

When she walked in the living room she saw you laying with your head on your pillow that you must've brought downstairs with you after she left earlier this morning. You had the remote in your hands, though it was slipping out of your fingertips. Friends was playing on the tv, it was your favorite episode and she knew you must be tired if you were sleeping through it.

She knelt down on the floor in front of you. Her fingers brushed over yours softly for a moment before she started to carefully and gently pry the remote out of your hands. When she did she turned the tv off and looked at how peaceful you looked, thanks to the moonlight that was shining through the curtains that provided just enough light for her to see your face.

She took a moment to just admire how beautiful you are. She admires the freckles on your skin, the way your eyelashes fluttered against your cheeks, and the steady rise and fall of your chest. She leaned in to lightly brush her lips across your cheek, pushing some hair away from your face that had fallen in your sleep.

She moved her hands to gently grip your thighs before she carefully picked you up in her arms and stood up. She smiled when your eyelashes fluttered against her neck and your legs hooked around her hips. "It's time for bed sleepyhead. I gotcha." You sighed when her hand started to delicately run up and down your back making your eyes close once more.

The next thing you knew your back was touching something soft. When you opened your eyes you noticed that you were laying in bed and Taylor was tucking you in. "Hi darling." She smiled and you cracked a small, sleepy one back to her. "Hi."

She laid down next to you and pulled you in her arms. Institutionally, you moved your head to her chest so you could listen to heartbeat. "Why were you sleeping downstairs, beautiful girl? Are you feeling okay?" You nodded your head and yawned. "I'm okay. Just wanted to wait for you."

Taylor smiled and kissed your head. "Well I'm home now. You can go back to sleep. I'm right here." You closed your eyes again, humming as Taylor planted a couple delicate kisses to your forehead. "I love you Taylor." She sighed contently, happy to be back in your arms after a stressful day. "I love you too darling. So, so much. Goodnight baby. Sweet dreams." She kissed your head once more and closed her eyes, excited to wake up tomorrow morning and not have to leave your arms.