you're stressed out

You've been staring at the computer screen for an hour now. The document you had open on your computer was still empty, nothing was coming to your mind on what you could write about.

You pushed off an important project at work until now, thinking you still had a day left to get it done and that was more than enough time. But nothing was coming to your mind on how to start it now.

You were getting anxious the longer you stared at the screen. You kept checking the clock on the wall to find that time was flying by which was only making this more stressful for you.

You jumped when Taylor's hands landed on your shoulders.

"shh, it's just me, darling."

You relaxed when you heard her voice in your ear and felt her start to rub your shoulders. It helped for a few minutes, you ended up getting a few sentences done but then the inspiration left your mind and you felt like you were back at square one again.

This time you were even more frustrated, closing your computer and resting your head on it as you went to tug at your hair once again.

"come on now, don't do that, babe."

She grabbed your hands and wrapped them in hers before letting them go and moving her hands back to your shoulders.

"What's going on? What's got you so tense and stressed out?"

You turned around in the chair and buried your face in her hoodie. "This project I have to finish by tomorrow. I'm supposed to be writing a paper and I have to hand it in to my boss by morning. I thought I'd be able to get it done today with no problems but I keep blanking with ideas and I'm so stressed, Tay, I am."

Tears were falling from your eyes now and Taylor wrapped her arms around you, shushing you and rubbing your back comfortingly.

"It's okay. Why don't I make you a little snack that'll help you focus and then we can move to the couch and you can write from there. Maybe you just need some cuddles."

You looked up at her and grinned, nodding your head as Taylor leaned down to kiss your head.

"Okay. You stay here, keep that computer closed. I'll make you a snack and then we'll go cuddle while you try to get this done on the couch."

She let go of you and walked over to the fridge, finding some ingredients to bake one of your favorite things while you stayed seated and watched her.

Taylor ended up baking you some cookies, one of your absolute favorite things. After they were done, she put them on a plate and took your hand to lead you to the couch.

She sat on the couch with you curled up on her lap with your computer on your lap. She watched as the ideas came to your mind one after another, your fingers moving rapidly over the keys on the keyboard.

All it took to relieve your stress was some love, cookies, and some cuddles from your favorite girl in the world.