halloween party boredom

Taylor searched the crowded room for her friends that had seemingly vanished. She was angry, in disbelief that they'd just leave her like that.

She spent fifteen minutes looking around for them and she's tired of it. And just when she thought about leaving, she saw you. You sat in the corner on your own and you looked about as miserable as she felt. So she sighed and trudged over to you. She took a seat next to you and she swore that her heart stopped for a moment when you lifted your head to look at her.

Your eyes met hers and Taylor's breath hitched, getting caught in her throat as her hands started to sweat. "Hey, i'm Taylor. My friends ditched me and I don't know anyone else at this party, and you look as miserable and bored as I feel so I figured i'd come over and say hi."

And Then you smiled at her, and Taylor was speechless. "I'm y/n. It's nice to meet you, Taylor." She grinned at you, looking around the boring party and all the guests that were either intoxicated or complete party animals. She took a leap of faith and though she felt like she was gonna fall right over if she stood up from how weak in the knees you made her feel, she somehow found the courage to ask you if you want to leave.

"Do you wanna get out of here? We could go get something to eat if you're hungry, or whatever you'd like to do. I just wanna get the hell out of here, and I really wanna get out of here with you." You smiled and nodded your head, wanting to get out of there as well.

Your friends drove you to the party, but just like Taylor's, they had left. So Taylor was more than happy to let you ride in her car. She drove to a small and fairly empty pizza place just a few blocks away. "This is one of my favorite places. I come here a lot with some of my friends." She explained to you as you sat in a booth, her across from you with her hands resting on the table, though she wished she had the courage to reach for yours. "Your friends that ditched you?" You inquired a little further and she just scrunched up her nose and winced. 'Yeah, those ones."

Taylor ordered the pizza and smiled at you. She listened to every word you spoke, admiring the sound of your voice and how beautiful it sounded. "Why're you staring at me?" You asked and Taylor just laughed. "As cheesy as it's gonna sound... because you're absolutely gorgeous." You blushed and bit the inside of your cheek. "Thanks." Taylor shrugged her shoulders but grinned at you. "It's just the truth."

Just as Taylor promised you a few minutes after you arrived, the pizza was truly delicious. Taylor smirked at you, knowing you had enjoyed it. "Told you it was good." "Yeah. You were right. I'm gonna have to start coming here more often." Taylor chuckled and stared at your hand across the table, somehow gathering the nerve to reach over and grab yours. "Maybe we can come here together again." Taylor said softly and once again, a blush was covering your cheeks. "Like a date?" You asked and Taylor just smiled at you and nodded her head. "Yeah. Like a date."

Maybe, just maybe, going out to that boring party wasn't such a bad thing after all.