aerophobia - fear of flying

You stood anxiously in line with Taylor to board the plane. It was only a matter of time until this day came around; dating Taylor it was only a given fact that you'd have to fly at some point, but you've been dreading that day.

You've always had a huge fear of flying. Everything about it was terrifying to you and standing in line with Taylor now, you feel like you might pass out or throw up, or both.

Your hands were starting to sweat. Taylor noticed that right away, since her hand was intertwined with yours. She looked at you to find that you've gone really pale and she heard how off your breathing was. "Y/n? You okay?" You shook your head and started to really panic. The line started to move up and you felt like you were gonna pass out.

Taylor put her hand on your back to keep you steady. "I can't breathe. I can't breathe, Tay." You panicked and Taylor grabbed your hand and led you to a chair a few feet away. She had you sit down on it and she knelt down on the ground in front of you. She took your hand in hers and used her other one to tilt your chin up a little so she could lock eyes with you.

"Y/n, look at me. You gotta breathe for me baby. In and out, you can do it. C'mon." She started to take deep breaths and encouraged you to do the same. Your heart was pounding and you felt like you might be sick, but you stared deeply into her beautiful eyes and focused on her breathing.

You closed your eyes but still kept breathing with Taylor. She lightly caressed your cheek before moving her hand to your chest, feeling that your heartbeat was starting to return back to normal and your breathing was slowing down. "You're doing wonderfully. You're so strong and brave, beautiful girl."

You took one last deep breath before opening your eyes. You were met with Taylor's bright blue ones. She smiled at you and you were about to crack a small one in return. "You okay?" You shrugged your shoulders. You still felt kinda sick and a little anxious but you were feeling better than before.

"What happened y/n?" You felt her squeeze your hand and her thumb brushed across your knuckles. "I have a fear of flying." You said, lowering your gaze to the floor as if you were ashamed. Taylor tilted it up gently, her lips pressing to your cheek and they lingered there for a few seconds afterwards. "Why didn't you tell me?" She grabbed your other hand in hers. You felt the stinging behind your eyes indicating that the tears were bound to fall any second.

"I don't know. I guess I just didn't wanna disappoint you. I know that flying is a big part of your life and I didn't wanna disappoint you." Taylor sighed and brought your hand up to her lips. "you could never disappoint me. You can tell me anything, darling. No matter what it is." She smiled at you, wiping the tear that slipped down your cheek. "You're not mad at me?" She shook her head at you. "I could never be mad at you, especially not for something like this. You're afraid of something, that's okay. We all are. I'm not gonna judge you for that."

You leaned in and gave her a kiss, one that Taylor melted right into. "We don't have to go. We can go home and plan a vacation a couple hours away instead. It's your choice, I'm okay with either." You debated; you wanted to go on this vacation. Taylor had gone out of her way to plan an amazing vacation for the two of you to thailand, a place you've always wanted to visit. But at the same time, the fear of flying was still so scary to you.

"I wanna go." Taylor looked at you with a glimpse of worry in her eyes. "Are you sure? We don't have to. Don't do this just because you think i'll be upset with you or disappointed, because I promise you that I won't be." You kissed her nose softly, smiling when she scrunched it up. "I'm sure. I want to." Taylor stood up and slowly helped you to your feet.

You managed to board the plane just in time. Taylor let you choose which seat you wanted even though she told you that you'd really love the window seat, so you agreed to sit there. Taylor let you squeeze her hand as tight as you needed to when the plane took off. It took you a few minutes but when you relaxed you were fascinated with the view.

Taylor didn't let go of your hand though, but she was happy that you were starting to settle in and become more and more comfortable as time went on. She kissed your cheek and told you that she was proud of you. This was gonna be an incredible trip and she was looking forward to every second of it with you.