soon you'll get better (requested)

A/N: this chapter contains very sensitive/possibly triggering content. Please read carefully. ❣️
———————

You stood in the doorway staring at Taylor. It's been a really rough few days for her. Her mom just got diagnosed with cancer and she's been struggling to actually take it all in. She was scared. You could tell. She's been trying hard to hide it, but she's so scared.

She was sitting on the edge of the bed with her hands in her lap. She was staring at the floor, her heart aching more and more with every second that went by. You didn't say anything. You just walked into the bedroom and sat down next to her on the bed. She didn't look up at you or even move. She was clearly depressed and understandably so. You reached for her hand and ran your thumb across her knuckles.

"Tay? Are you okay?" She looked up at you a few seconds after you asked her that, her eyes filled with hurt and fear. She shook her head, the lump in her throat getting in the way of her speaking. "It's okay" She shook her head and sobbed, all her walls breaking down for the first time. "No it's not. I'm scared y/n."

Your heart broke. You let her lean her head on your chest as she sobbed. "I know. I am too. You can let it out baby, It's alright." She moved so she could sit on your lap as you held her in your arms. The sound of her sobs the only the you could hear and you fought so hard to hold back your own tears. "I don't wanna lose her y/n. I'm scared." You didn't try to hold back your tears at this point and you cried with her.

Andrea accepted you and your relationship with Taylor with open arms, never judging you and always treating you with love from the moment you met her. The thought of losing her was too much for you to handle and you didn't worry about hiding your own tears or fears from Taylor anymore. You cried together, for a while. Not once did you let go of each other. This was gonna take some time and you'd be there every step of the way with Taylor, and you knew she'd be there for you too.