making forts under covers

You couldn't wait to finally go out with Taylor again. She just got home from tour a couple days ago so she planned to take you out to dinner tonight. You got all dressed up and Taylor was absolutely speechless, unable to stop staring at you and telling you how gorgeous you are.

"You ready to go, beautiful girl? Sure you won't be too cold?" It's a cold night and your dress definitely wasn't gonna keep you warm but you have your jacket and you figured you'd be warm enough with that. But as soon as you opened the door you were met with a blanket of white on the ground, the snow falling rapidly. "Oh gosh, a snow storm?" Taylor said and your heart sunk. "I think it'd be a better idea for us to stay in tonight." Taylor closed the door and wrapped her arm around your waist. You nodded, trying to act as if you weren't disappointed but Taylor could see you frowning. "I'm just gonna go change then." You said sadly and walked back upstairs leaving Taylor a few minutes to think of something even better than your original plans.

And she did. She pulled some blankets and pillows from the closet and pulled all the cushions from the couch to build a blanket fort. She set it all up beautifully but she still felt like there was something missing. She saw her laptop on the coffee table and put it inside the blanket fort, turning on your favorite movie and taking one last look at everything before sprinting upstairs to you. She saw you on the bed in your pajamas, scrolling mindlessly through your phone. She stood in front of you and held her hand out for you to take. "I've got a surprise for you, darling. C'mon." You took her hand and she led you downstairs but put her hands over your eyes to keep you from seeing the blanket fort until you stood directly in front of it.

She moved her hands from over your eyes and grabbed yours, holding them in hers by your sides as you took in the sight in front of you. "Oh my gosh... Taylor." She smiled when you wrapped your arms around her and gave her a hug. "It's amazing." You whispered and Taylor pressed a kiss to your cheek. "Well what are you waiting for? Go inside, my love!" You giggled and climbed inside, completely in awe over how incredible everything was. You put your head down on a pillow and pressed play on the computer, the biggest smile on your face as your favorite movie started to play.

Taylor laid down next to you, sighing contently when you laid your head on her chest. "Two years together and you still continue to amaze me everyday. I love you so much Taylor. This is one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me." Taylor gently kissed your lips and held you close. "You're welcome y/n. It's my pleasure. I love you so much. Now relax, we can stay in here all night if you'd like." She said, pressing a kiss to your hair as you cuddled close to her

And you did. You stayed in the blanket fort all night long, neither of you falling asleep, too busy watching movies and laughing all night to even think about sleep. She kept you safe and warm away from the snowstorm and this date was so much better than any crowded restaurant could ever be.