you cheat and she performs a song about it - part two (requested)

Tears rolled down your cheeks as you watched Taylor's performance from a couple days ago. It's been a rough couple of months. You haven't been able to forgive yourself for cheating on Taylor - despite the fact that it was an accident. It didn't make a difference; cheating is still cheating in any sense.

You swallowed your pride and slid on your shoes. You didn't know what was going through your mind exactly. Why would going to her house to talk to her make any difference? Especially now? But you had no control over your body. It was as though it was in control and you were just following it's lead.

before you knew it you were in front of her house... the house you once shared with her. The house that was full of so many memories that she managed to move on from, but now that you were in front of it it was all coming back to you. You stood in front of the door. Your mind and heart were both racing. You tried to walk away but you couldn't seem to move.

You knocked on the door, your heart going still when you heard Taylor's footsteps approaching the door. She opened it and for the first time in what felt like forever - you were face to face with her. The smile she once had quickly faded and turned into a look of confusion. "Y/n? What are you doing here?" You stuttered, not really sure why you were there, yourself "I-I uh, can we talk?" The question took her by surprise but for some reason, she nodded.

She stepped aside and you slowly walked in the house. Right away the memories that you shared with Taylor flooded back. It was hard but you managed to blink away your tears. "So? Why'd you wanna talk?" Taylor asked and you looked back at her, searching for your voice, desperate to find it. "I just wanted to say that i'm sorry. I know it doesn't make anything better or change what happened but I really am sorry. You never really gave me the chance to explain, which I totally get why, I do, I just really wanted to say that i'm sorry."

She stood there in silence, biting the inside of her cheek. "Why'd you do it?" The question hit you hard. "I don't know. Fuck, I don't even remember, really. I was drunk. I know that sounds like a corny excuse, but it's true, I swear. I shouldn't have done it - I know I shouldn't have. I wish I could take it back; every single day I wish I could take it back. i'm so sorry, Taylor. I know sorry won't make it better but I really am."

Taylor sighed and then took a deep breath before she made eye contact with you for the first time since she let you back inside. "Okay." You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion. "What?" She simply smiled at you. "I said okay. Let's move on from this." She took a couple steps forward and you did the same until you were right in front of her. "What do you mean?" She sighed and put her hand on our back. "I know you're sorry and I know you genuinely mean it, and i've missed you a lot."

A smile started to form on your lips. "We'll just start slow. I'm gonna need a lot of time to trust you again, but let's be friends for a while. Maybe, in time, we can get back to us. But for now let's just take things slow." You nodded your head. "Can I hug you?" You know you probably sound silly, but you didn't wanna take any chances and do anything that would make her feel uncomfortable. "Yeah." She embraced you in a hug and you melted right into her, but you pulled back before you got too carried away.

Maybe things would never be the same as before or maybe it would just take time, but either way you were willing to wait as long as Taylor needed and you were okay with being friends for a while, as long as you got to have her in your life then it was all okay with you.