coming out - part two (requested)

This is in Taylor's POV as requested 💗
-----

I could feel my teeth digging into the skin of my lip as I fought back the urge to tell you just how I feel.

You're watching the movie. Your gaze is fixated on the tv, on the scary movie that I had turned on because I know how much you like those.

Knowing how you feel makes the urge to tell you how I feel about you that much stronger. It's been so long of keeping it all to myself, just in case the feeling wasn't mutual. I thought it never could be. But knowing now that there could be a chance makes me feel desperate to tell you.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair and swore that when you looked at me with that smile that my heart might stop. "You okay?" It was a soft whisper followed by a touch of your hand on my knee and I felt dizzy. "Yeah... no. I don't know."

I panicked. You looked at me concerningly and I frowned just at the sight. "What's wrong?" I sighed when you pressed pause on the remote. I didn't know how I was gonna get myself out of this hole now.

"I don't know if I can tell you." You frowned and squeezed my knee. "That's crazy, Taylor. You can tell me anything, especially after you just let me come out to you a little while ago." I ran my hand through my hair and sighed heavily. "Okay... just be honest with me, okay? If I ruin things I'm so sorry. It's just killing me to keep this to myself any longer, especially now."

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. "I like you." I was afraid to open my eyes, so I just kept them closed, too afraid to see the look on your face. "You what?" That didn't sound good. It really wasn't the reaction I was hoping for. "I like you. I know you probably don't feel the same but I can't keep this to myself any longer. I really like you y/n."

I felt your thumb brush across my bottom lip and it made my breath hitch in my throat. I slowly opened my eyes and saw you smiling at me. "I like you too." My heart started to pick up and you started to lean in and I closed my eyes right as your soft lips touched mine.

You kissed me with a fiery passion and everything suddenly left my mind. You pulled away and I couldn't stop smiling. "I'm so happy you said that." You giggled and my heart melted at the sound. "So where does this leave us?" I asked nervously, not really sure what to expect. "I don't know. What do you want us to be?'

"I want you to be my girlfriend." It came out quickly but the smile that tugged up at your lips made me smile too. "I'd love that." You grinned and leaned back in to kiss me. I had never felt happier than in that moment, with you.