Coughing fits

You had come down with a pretty bad cold and you were feeling miserable. The worst of the symptoms was the cough you had which was awful.

You dreaded coughing every time you felt that all too familiar tickle in your throat or ache in your chest. It always seemed to be the worst at night which wasn't the best time to cough considering Taylor was such a light sleeper.

It was a little past midnight and you woke up with that familiar feeling. You whined quietly, sitting up and coughing as quietly as you could into your elbow.

You felt a little relieved when it went away after a small cough, but the relief only lasted a short while.

A few minutes later and you were sitting back up, this time the cough way worse than last time. Your whole chest ached as the cough made your chest rattle.

Taylor woke up when she heard you, sitting up and putting her hand on your back. She rubbed it in hopes that it would help you a little but it didn't. The cough went on for a couple of minutes before it stopped and you gasped for air.

"Okay baby, relax. It's over now darling. Lay down."

She gently pushed your back on the bed and rubbed your arm, pecking your forehead and grabbing the cup of ice water from the bed, putting the straw in your mouth, and reminding you to take slow sips.

"There we go. Okay?"

You felt the tears sting your eyes and before you could stop them, they fell.

"No baby, shh. What's wrong?"

She laid down and you crawled on top of her, relaxing a little when her arms wrapped around your back.

"I'm just tired of being sick."

She shushed you softly, rubbing your back and letting her fingertips trail along your spine.

"I know but it'll be over soon. Just try to get some rest, maybe you'll feel better in the morning."

You caught your breath, hoping that you wouldn't feel the need to cough again.

"love you." You mumbled and it made Taylor smile.

"Love you too. I hope you feel better soon."

You soon fell asleep, also hoping that you'd feel better when you woke up.