fighting before bed

The fight has been going on for nearly a half an hour now and you're starting to get more and more frustrated. You were tired of it. Just as Taylor went to say something else, you interrupted her. "You know what Taylor, i'm done." You wiped the tears from your eyes and ran upstairs, slamming the door behind you. You buried your face in the pillows and sobbed, upset at yourself for the hurtful words you said to Taylor and upset at her for the ones she said to you.

It was about twenty minutes later when you heard the door open and close again. The light was off making the room dark but Taylor could still see you laying on the bed and she could hear you crying softly. Her heart ached and guilt flooded over her. She carefully climbed under the covers next to you, part of her kinda hoping that you wouldn't really notice that she was there because she was scared you'd push her away, but you felt the mattress sink down next to you and it was impossible for her to sneak in bed right now.

You didn't move or say anything and Taylor was trying really hard to hold back her own tears. "Y/n? Can we talk?" You shook your head, not saying a single word. Taylor sighed and put her hand on your back. "Okay then. I'll talk and you can listen." You kept your back facing her and Taylor desperately hoped you'd turn around to face her sooner or later. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said what I said to you. I know i've been a little distant lately but I promise you that it's not your fault, I just have obligations in the studio that I haven't been able to get out of." She paused and ran her fingers along your spine. "I miss you. I hate that I started this fight with you and I hate myself for saying what I said to you."

You still didn't say anything so Taylor pulled her hand away from your back and sighed, sitting up to grab her phone from the nightstand. "I can go sleep in the guest room across the hall. I can give you space if that's what you need." She was about to stand up when she felt your hand grab her wrist. "Don't go." You said softly and Taylor smiled a little, nodding her head and laying back down next to you. "It's not all your fault. I said things I shouldn't have as well. I'm sorry." Taylor smiled and held her arm out and she smiled as you moved closer to her, laying your head on her shoulder as her arm tangled around you.

"I hate it when we fight." Taylor rubbed your back and kissed your head. "Me too." You lifted your head to look up at her. "Are we okay now?" Taylor smiled and stroked your cheek. "Yeah we're okay. We'll always be okay. Now, close your eyes and get some sleep." You laid your head back down and closed your eyes, happily falling asleep knowing that everything was okay between you two.