you think she's gonna hit you (requested)

It was nearly 10 o'clock and you have yet to hear from Taylor. She was supposed to be home three hours ago from the studio but you honestly don't know where she is now. You kept pacing the room, looking at your phone only to feel disappointed when there was nothing from Taylor every time you checked. You heard a car door close and a few seconds later Taylor entered the house, slamming the door behind her.

She stormed passed you and walked into the kitchen where she grabbed a bottle of water. you could hear her cursing under her breath. "Taylor?" She turned around and looked at you. "Please don't start." She mumbled as she took a swig of water before putting it back on the counter. "Don't start? Are you fucking kidding me Taylor? You're three hours late and you tell me don't start?!"

She slammed the cupboard that she was rummaging through and she scoffed at you. "Seriously y/n, I had a shitty day-" "And I was worried sick about you! You didn't call or text me to let me know that you'd be late." "God y/n!" She huffed before stepping closer to you. She raised her hand to run her fingers through her hair but that's not what you thought.

Flashbacks of your parents fighting when you were younger ran through your mind. You flinched and raised your arms to cover your head. Taylor gasped when she realized what was happening. You moved your arms down and saw Taylor covering her mouth with one of her hands, the other tugging at her hair as tears ran down her cheeks. "Shit y/n. Y-You thought I was gonna hit you?"

She tried taking a couple steps closer to you to close the space between the two of you but you stepped backwards until your back hit the wall. You were both in tears and Taylor was freaking out, in disbelief that she could ever make you feel afraid that she'd hit you. "y/n" she said softly before walking towards you, sitting on the floor in front of you as she grabbed both your hands in hers. "Y/n I would never hit you. I will never put my hands on you out of anger, no matter how badly we could be fighting. I love you way too much to ever hit you, ever. I'm not your parents, okay?"

You took a deep breath and sat on her lap as you hugged her close. "I love you too Tay. I know you'd never hurt me, I just panicked." She nodded and kissed your forehead. "I'm sorry I was late, it was just a bad day but that's no excuse to not call or text you when you're obviously gonna worry about me. I'm sorry. I love you so much. It'll never happen again." She stroked your cheek and you told her you love her too. Taylor would never hurt you - no, she'd always be the one to keep you safe.