paper rings (requested)

The moon is high like your friends were the night that we first met

Taylor had you wrapped up in her arms as you stared at the moon that was high in the sky. "You know what this reminds me of?" Taylor asked as she craned her neck to kiss your cheek. "What?" "The night we met. The moon's high, kinda like your friends were when met for the first time." You laughed and shook your head, blushing as she remenced on that night. "I remember that night. Don't think my friends do, but I do." Taylor chuckled and kissed your head. "It was one of the most memorable nights of my life. Never did I think that night would've led us to where we are now, but i'm forever thankful that it did."

Now I wake up in the night and watch you breathe

Taylor opened her eyes and stretched out her legs. She looked over at the clock, the time only a little after two in the morning. She looked over at you and watched the steady rise and fall of your chest. As strange as it might sound to some people - this was one of her favorite times of the night. She got to wake up and just watch you sleep. It was like a routine that her body had accustomed to and she was okay with it. the sight of you looking so peaceful was one of her favorite things. She'd stay awake for a while and just watch you breathe as her mind ran with thoughts of how you're her future; of how she's gonna spend her entire life with you and how you're the one she's gonna have a family with one day. It all comes back to you.

I like shiny things but i'd marry you with paper rings

Taylor kept nervously reaching back in her pocket to double check that the box was still in there. She felt her heart racing and her hands starting to shake, so nervous that she thought she might be sick. You could sense how nervous she was and you tried to reach for her hand but she pulled it away because it was sweaty.

"Tay? What's wrong?" She took a deep breath and stared at you with a look of nervousness in her eyes. "I've been wanting to do this for a while but I just didn't know how. I've been going over every possible way to ask you this, trying to find the best one because that's what you deserve." She pushed her chair back and got down on the floor on one knee. You gasped and covered your mouth with your now shaking hands as you started to cry.

"I told myself I wouldn't cry, but I just can't help myself." She whispered as tears formed in her eyes. "I've spent the last two years of my life with you and they've hands down been the best of my life. I waited so long to find you and it was worth every second. Getting to call you mine is the most incredible thing I get to do. I love loving you, every single day, and there's nothing I want more than to love you everyday for the rest of our lives." You smiled as she opened the box, a little paper ring inside - your little inside joke. "You said you'd marry me with paper rings..." You giggled and nodded your head. You got down on your knees to be at the same level as her, her hands shakingly grabbing the ring and placing it on your finger. "Of course I'll get you a real ring, I just figured that since this was our little inside joke there'd be no better way of asking you to be mine forever."

You grinned and kissed her lovingly. "I told you that i'd marry you with paper rings, and I meant it. I like shiny things, Taylor, but not nearly as much as I love our little inside jokes." Taylor smiled and pulled you in her arms. "I love you so much." "Love you too."

I want to drive away with you

Taylor put the bags in the car as you watched from the passenger seat. You adjusted your seat comfortably, putting your pillow in between the seat and the door so you could rest your head on it. You pulled the blanket over your body as you looked out the window at the night sky, the moon high bringing back memories of your earlier times in your relationship with Taylor.

It's been a year since you got engaged, and now a week since you got married, and it all felt so surreal. Taylor didn't wanna do the typical honeymoon thing; instead she just wanted to drive away with you until you both felt like stopping or you found a place you'd like to go. Even if it took a couple days to get there, it was what she wanted to do the most and you were happy to do it.

Taylor sat in the driver's seat and reached across the center console to grab your hand, intertwining your fingers together and brushing her thumb across the rings on your finger, the paper ring on your right hand that you insisted on wearing despite the two rings on your ring finger. "You ready beautiful girl?" You looked back at the house, ready to leave it behind for a few weeks. "I'm ready Tay." She smiled and kissed you softly, her thumb brushing along your cheek for a couple seconds until she pulled away from the kiss. "Alright, let's drive away together."

You got comfortable in your seat, ready for the ride ahead. You weren't sure where'd you end up going exactly but as long as you were with Taylor, you were happy with anything.