dance with me

You sat on the kitchen counter drinking hot chocolate while Taylor stood next to you with her fingers resting on your thigh. From time to time her fingers would move across your skin, tracing small shapes and sending chills down your spine.

The radio was playing quietly in the background; it was a random playlist of christmas songs and it made you feel so joyful and happy.

Taylor was taking a sip of her drink when she froze. She could faintly hear the exact song you heard when you spent your first holiday together. She sat her mug down and turned the volume up on the radio, both of you smiling from ear to ear when you heard it.

Taylor came back over to you and held her hand out for you. "Dance with me." You giggled at first, looking at her with the brightest smile on your face. "To 'the christmas song'?" She nodded and helped you down from the counter and on to your feet.

She wrapped her arms around your back while you wrapped yours around her neck. Her forehead rested on yours, her nose lightly brushing against yours as she started to gently sway your bodies from side to side.

The song was slow so it set a perfect rhythm for you to slow dance to. Taylor moved one of her hands from your back and up to the back of your head. "I love you so much"she whispered and you became breathless as Taylor's lips softly touched yours. "I love you too. I can't believe how lucky I am; to get to love you and to spend our favorite holiday together, again."

Taylor beamed at you, her lips lightly dragging across your cheeks as she held you close. "I'm gonna marry you someday." She muttered as she leaned her head on your shoulder. "One day, soon. I promise that i'm gonna make you the happiest girl in the world." You chuckled and laid your head on hers. "You already do" you whispered as you continued to slow dance around the kitchen with your girlfriend.