you're a lot younger than her and your parents are protective (requested)

When you first met Taylor you instantly fell head over heels for her, despite being 10 years younger than her. When it first came out about your relationship with Taylor, people had a strong tendency to look at the age gap first and foremost, but it didn't change that you and Taylor were loyal to each other and your love only grew stronger and stronger with every harsh word that was said.

But if there was one thing Taylor always felt nervous about it was meeting your parents. She wanted to impress them more than anything. She wants them to know that despite the age gap, she loved and cared about you deeply.

She tried to calm her nerves as she waited for your parents to arrive. She kept pacing the kitchen floor and you giggled at her. "Taylor, calm down. It'll be alright." Taylor sighed and straightened out her dress. "I can't help it y/n. I just want everything to go well. I'm crazy for you y/n, I want your parents to like me and to accept us being together." You walked over to her and rested your forehead on hers, tangling your fingers in her hair and looking into her eyes. "No matter what happens, we'll be okay. I promise you that. It'll be okay, we'll be okay." She nodded and kissed your cheek, pulling back when you heard a knock at the door.

Taylor was nervous throughout the entire night. She kept poking the food on her plate, pushing it around with her fork because she felt like she couldn't actually eat it, her nerves getting the best of her. "Taylor? Are you okay?" Your dad asked her and Taylor looked up at him with wide eyes. "Um- yeah, I'm okay." Her hands were shaking and you reached for one underneath the table. Taylor relaxed a little when she felt your fingers intertwine with hers, but she was still nervous.

Later on your parents pulled Taylor aside to have a little heart to heart conversation. "Listen, Taylor. We like you, we really do. You just have to try to see things from our point of view. This is our little girl, to us she's still a baby, and you're ten years older than her and that's a scary thing for us. We just want the best for her and with the kind of lifestyle you live, with you being so busy and being gone for so long at a time, it's not gonna be easy on her."

Taylor nodded her head, completely aware of the situation and understanding just where your parents were coming from. "I know. I understand, I do. I just - I'm crazy about your daughter. I know there's a huge age gap and I completely understand why you're so protective of her and why you're so apprehensive about this situation, but I promise that i only have good intentions. I would never hurt y/n, never in a million years. I care about her and I'd do anything for her." Your parents could see the look in her eyes, how she was being completely truthful and sincere.

Your parents looked at each other and Taylor's heart was hammering against her chest. They looked back at Taylor and smiled at her, both of them reaching for her hands. "That's all we wanted to hear. We can tell you care about her and that she's in safe hands. Thank you Taylor. Welcome to the family." Taylor breathed out a sigh of relief and hugged your parents. "Thank you so much. I promise I'll always take good care of her." Your parents smiled and hugged her back, pulling away when you cleared your throat from the doorway. "Come here" Taylor whispered, reaching out to grab your hand and pulling you on her lap. "I'm guessing everything went well?" You whispered to Taylor a few seconds later. She smiled at you and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear, pressing a soft kiss to your forehead. "It went great."

You felt so grateful that your parents were so accepting of your relationship because after all, you were crazy for her just like she was for you. You couldn't imagine your life without her.