Putting up the christmas tree - part two

Christmas morning had finally come around and you woke up bright and early for it. You shook Taylor's shoulder and pulled at her shirt, insisting that she woke up so you could go start on Christmas gifts, even though it was only a little after seven am.

"Y/n" she whined, stretched out your name, making you laugh. "Can't it wait till nine?" You shook your head and started to pout at her. "Okay, okay. Let's go, darling." She took your hand and led you downstairs. She felt slightly guilty for doing what she'd done last night, because you're clearly so excited, but she knew it would help everything fall into place and truly, there couldn't be a gift better than this one she has planned for you.

You frowned as you looked under the tree. There's only one box, a small one, and it was all so weird considering that before you fell asleep last night there were tons of boxes under the tree. "What happened? Tay? Where'd everything go?"

Taylor shrugged her shoulders and sat on the floor. "I don't know babe. That's weird. Why don't you at least open it though?" You sat down across from her, your knee barely brushing against hers. You looked at Taylor seriously, a little sad that everything had somehow vanished.

But Taylor was really insistent that you open this box and you couldn't say no. You tore off the wrapping paper to find a note with an even smaller box underneath it. "What's it say?" Taylor asked as she scooter behind you and rested her chin on your shoulder, peeking over your shoulder to watch your eyes and see exactly what you felt when you read the note.

"It just says 'will you marry me'..." you said it as though you were confused, like the words on the note had completely gone over your head. Until it hit you. You turned around to look at Taylor, gasping as she reached for the box and opening it to show you the most beautiful ring you've ever laid your eyes on. "Well...? Will you marry me y/n?"

You had tears in your eyes and when you said yes, Taylor started to cry with you. She pulled the ring from the box and slipped it on your finger, pressing her lips against your finger as soon as the ring was sat securely on there. "Merry Christmas, darling." You crawled onto her lap and started to cry against her shirt.

"Merry Christmas, Tay. This is the best Christmas ever. I love you." You managed to say through your tears and Taylor tilted your chin up, her lips traveling across your face as she wiped away your tears. "I'm glad babe. I love you too, my fiancée."