you get her sick

Taylor woke up to the sound of groaning coming from the bathroom. The light was poking through the crack under the door and at first she didn't think much of it, until she heard that horrible sound of you throwing up and jumped on her feet to rush to the bathroom.

She opened the door and saw you getting sick, her heart aching at the sight. "Oh babe..." she sat down behind you and rubbed your back while whispering sweet words in your ear. "I'm sorry" you mumbled as tears stung your eyes when you finished being sick. "Shh, hey, you've got nothing to be sorry for. Are you feeling any better?" You waited a few seconds before you nodded your head. Taylor helped you to your feet and put her hand on your back. Your knees were so weak you could hardly stand so she had to keep her grip secure on your waist as you brushed your teeth.

Once you finished she helped you back to bed and covered you up with all the blankets on the bed since you were shivering so badly. She put her hand on your forehead and knew instantly that you had a fever. You whined when your stomach started to ache again. "You're burning up." Your skin was clammy and pale, flushed from the fever your body was trying desperately to fight off. "You need anything, darling?" You shrugged your shoulders in response. You felt like you did, but you didn't know what exactly. Taylor laid back down next to you and pulled you in her arms and to her chest. She rubbed your back while dropping kisses to your head, hoping that you'd fall back asleep and be feeling better by morning.

But when morning came you were throwing up all over again and Taylor was so worried that she was considering taking you to the hospital, but you're so stubborn that you're fighting her on it, hard. "What can I do for you, darling? I just want you to feel better." You sighed and rested your head on her shoulder. Taylor stayed clear from touching your stomach in any way, just in case. "I just want you to hold me."

That was all you could say and as much as Taylor wanted you to feel better as soon as possible, she knew it was more than likely a case of the flu, and she would just have to do whatever she could till you got better. She caved and let you fall back asleep with your head on her chest. As long as you didn't get any worse she wouldn't take you in.

And thankfully, over the next few days you started to feel better. It was slow but you did get a little better day by day. You were able to keep the soup down and Taylor was so happy to see that. Your fever kept lingering a bit but eventually went away and a week later, you were feeling brand new.

A couple days later you and Taylor were relaxing on the couch when she suddenly got up and ran down the hall to the bathroom. You followed her but winced when you heard her gagging. You grabbed a hair-tie from the counter to pull her hair out of her face. It took her a few minutes to finish, but when she did she let her head fall back on your shoulder as she tried to catch her breath.

"My poor baby. C'mon, let's get you up to bed." She slowly stood up and managed to walk upstairs slowly with you behind her, your hands on her hip and back just in case she felt dizzy or weak at any point. When you reached the bedroom you tucked her in and grabbed the medicine that Taylor had gotten from the store when you were sick.

Although Taylor tried to resist it she did want to feel better, so she swallowed the gross medicine, frowning at you afterwards only for you to chuckle at her and kiss her warm forehead. "I'm so sorry Tay." You whispered as you stroked her hair. "What for?" She had to blink slowly in order to keep herself from falling asleep. "It's my fault you're sick. I gave this to you. I should've been more careful and kept you away from me so you wouldn't catch it." Taylor's eyes closed btu she grabbed your hand in hers and gave it a little squeeze. "Don't be silly, y/n. You needed someone to take care of you and I wasn't gonna stay away from you just because you were contagious. You're my girl, I care about you more than anything else." You smiled and kissed her forehead and though her words were slurred at the end, you knew what she was saying, and you were grateful that she wasn't upset.

The night was rough. You barely slept because Taylor was getting sick throughout the night, and there was no way you were leaving her side. She kept telling you to go to bed, but you'd tell her 'you didn't leave my side when I was sick and I'm not leaving yours'. You'd start to fall asleep with your head on the bathtub but you'd startle awake when you'd hear her throwing up all over again.

It was then that you understood exactly how Taylor must've felt when you were sick; helpless and a little afraid. You wanted to take her in to get some medicine, but now the shoe was on the other foot and she didn't wanna go in. She's being stubborn, just like you were when you were sick. She'd mumble apology after apology to you, begging for you to go to bed so you could sleep, but you resisted every time. You'd tell her exactly what she told you; it's not her fault and she's got nothing to be sorry for. "I'm not going anywhere Tay. I love you. I'm right here." You mumbled as she groaned, the achy feeling in her stomach returning again and she knew exactly what was gonna happen next.

When morning came around she was feeling a little better and managed to get back to bed. She let you tuck her in, but she refused to put her head on your chest or breathe on you in any way. So you settled with putting your hand on her side and holding her that way as you both finally fell asleep.

"My throat hurts but I don't think i'm gonna be sick anymore." She muttered later that night after she ate the soup you made for her. You smiled at her and tucked her hair behind her ear. "That's so good to hear. I'm really sorry for getting you sick." Taylor shook her head at you and cleared her throat, the symptoms more like a cold now that she wasn't throwing up anymore. "Stop saying sorry, beautiful girl. it's not your fault. Now c'mon, we both need more sleep." She said as she rolled over on her side and closed her eyes, smiling when she felt you wrap your arm across her stomach and she wasn't feeling achy or sick.

The next few days went by without her getting sick and she eventually recovered. She walked into the bedroom, smiling from ear to ear that that awful flu was now behind you, but when she saw you laying in bed with a bunch of tissues surrounding you she sighed and threw her head back. "Again?" You shrugged, feeling a little guilty and embarrassed.

Taylor kicked off her shoes and climbed under the covers next to you. "No!" you said, pushing her away from you when she tried to hold you. "I think i've got the cold part again and i'm not gonna let you catch this again." Taylor giggled, sighing sadly but agreeing nonetheless. She kept her distance from you although it broke her heart. "As much as I love you and want you to hold me, I want this horrible sickness to go away and for us to stop passing it back and forth. So you keep your distance for a few days." You'd mutter when she tried to get too close, and she knew you were right.

"Can I at least put my hand on your back? I won't get sick by doing that, I promise. Please baby girl?" You sighed but nodded, and though you really didn't wanna take any chances, it was comforting when you felt her hand on your feverish skin. "I love you so much. Hope you feel better soon." Taylor whispered as she stroked your back softly. "Thank you baby. I love you too."