you're in a bad mood

Taylor woke up in an empty bed, and since she's away from you so often, waking up alone is something she hates.

She got out of bed and went downstairs, smiling at the sight of you sitting at the table on your phone. Your hair was up in a messy bun and Taylor saw that you were wearing her hoodie over your long shirt.

She quietly crept down the stairs and over to you. Her arms wrapped around your shoulders, but you tried to push her away, and the smile that was on her face quickly fell.

"Darling? You okay?" She heard you groan when her hand brushed your shoulder. "Can you please just leave me alone?" Taylor's heart sank and she tried to mask the disappointment on her face.

She cleared her throat and grabbed herself a granola bar before sitting down at the table across from you. She ate slowly and she stared at you the whole time. She was trying to figure out what was wrong with you. She looked at the sink and there were no dirty dishes, you both did them after dinner last night. She wondered if she had accidentally left her dirty clothes and towel on the bathroom floor again when your voice rang out.

"Can you stop staring at me?" Taylor was taken aback. She was at a loss. She didn't know what was up with you. "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." She mumbled and immediately regretted it. She didn't mean to say it out loud. "Someone needs to shut up."

Taylor felt the tears stinging behind her eyes. She sighed and went back upstairs, slamming the door behind her, although she didn't really intend to.

You sat at the table running your hands through your hair for what seemed like the hundredth time that morning. You're just stressed but you didn't mean to take it out on her; you never would intentionally.

You knew you had to apologize. Putting your pride aside, you went upstairs and opened the door. Taylor was sitting on the bed with her head in her hands as she cried. A pang of guilt ran through you. You took a seat next to her and reached to pull her hands away from her face. "Tay? I'm sorry."

Taylor sniffles and looked at you with tears in her usually bright eyes. "It's okay." You shook your head and had to blink away your own tears. "No. It's not. I made you cry and I snapped at you. I'm sorry." Taylor pulled you in her for a hug and kissed the crown of your head.

"It's okay. Don't cry. I'm sorry too, for what I said. It was unnecessary of me to say." You kissed her cheek gently and saw a smile tugging at her lips. "No need to apologize. Can we just maybe take it easy today? Maybe just lay in bed and relax?" Taylor sighed contently as she crawled up to the top of the bed and opened her arms for you.

A small giggle left her lips when you crawled in to her embrace and put your head on her chest. "You know I'm always happy to just relax with you, my beautiful girl." You blushed as she kissed your nose, feeling happy that everything was all better now.