you and your child visit Taylor on tour (requested)

It's always hard on you when Taylor goes on tour, but since Carter has grown up a bit more now it's been even harder on him. He's only three but he is always attached to Taylor's hip. They're even closer now than ever before and goodbyes are the hardest on him.

Carter insisted on FaceTiming Taylor every morning when he woke up, sometimes in the afternoon, and then again before he went to bed. It was their little tradition, one they've upheld since Taylor first left. But you could tell it wasn't enough anymore. You'd catch him making phone calls on the weekend to Taylor as he cried over the phone because of how much he missed her.

And it was always worse when the time zones were different. When it was morning where you guys are, it was night where Taylor is which means he can't call or FaceTime her first thing and most of the time when he goes to bed either because it's early in the morning where Taylor is and she'd be asleep. He would cry into his pillow as he hugged the teddy bear she gave him as close as he could to his chest. It broke your heart and you hated seeing him hurting so much. There's only one thing that'll make him feel better and you didn't hesitate to do it.

You woke up at six am and grabbed your packed bag from the bedroom, taking them down to the car before going back inside and waking up Carter. You opened his bedroom door and walked over to his bed. He was in his favorite pair of pajamas - a pair Taylor had bought him for his birthday, and he was tucked in under his favorite blanket with his teddy bear curled up to his chest, resting under his chin. You smoothed back his little curls from his forehead and his eyes fluttered open. "Come on baby. Mommy's got a surprise for you. We gotta get ready, okay?" He nodded his head sleepily and clung onto you as you picked him up and helped him brush his teeth and get dressed. You packed up some of his clothes as he held onto his teddy bear. "Call Mommy?" You smiled at him and kissed the top of his head. "What if I told you that we aren't gonna have to just talk to her through the phone?" His smile grew wide, all his baby teeth showing as he started to giggle. "I think we'll go pay her a visit. How's that sound?" Carter cheered and hugged you before pulling back and grabbing your hand, ready to go visit Taylor.

You knew it wouldn't be easy traveling on a long flight with a three year old, but it did go a lot better than you expected. The first couple hours were rough but once he stared out the window for a while and eventually fell asleep on your lap, things calmed down and you felt really relaxed. You knew Taylor was probably getting worried so you reminded yourself to call her when the plane landed. Just six hours to go.

The last hour was when Carter woke up and he was getting antsy. He just wanted to see Taylor. He did the typical toddler thing by squirming around on his seat as he started getting more and more excited by the minute. He was clearly so happy and excited and it made some of the other passengers giggle along with him, fawning over how adorable they thought he is.

Finally the plane landed and you entered the airport with Carter on your hip. You grabbed your bag along with his from baggage claim and pulled your phone out from your pocket. You turned it on to find that you had multiple missed calls and text messages from Taylor. You clicked on her contact and as soon as she answered the phone you could tell she was relieved to hear from you. "Y/n? Are you okay? Is Carter okay?" Carter smiled as he looked around the crowded airport. "Yeah we're good. Sorry it's been a wild day but everything's fine." You heard her breathe out a sigh of relief. "Good, I'm so happy to hear everything is good. What have you guys been doing?" You stuttered for a second before replying with a one word answer. "Nothing. Hey can I call you back in a few?" You could tell she was gutted with your answer but said yeah nonetheless.

Carter started to whine because he wanted to talk to Taylor but all it took was a little reassurance that he would get to see her and hug her again shortly and then he was okay again. You walked outside and managed to get a taxi, climbing inside the car as Carter curled up in your arms and started to fall back asleep. You finally arrived at the stadium where Taylor was performing. You got out of the car as Carter started to squeal with excitement. He kept squirming around in your arms, his teddy bear that Taylor gave him curled tightly in his arms so he couldn't drop it as you entered the stadium and walked backstage to Taylor's dressing room with the help of one of Taylor's guards that knew you well.

You stood in front of the door and nodded to Carter as he looked at you with big eyes. He tapped on the door and gasped when he heard Taylor's voice. "Just a second!" Carter was so excited and when the door opened, he started to scream happily. He squirmed out of your arms and jumped into Taylor's as she crouched down on the floor so he could leap into her arms. "Oh my god! What are you guys doing here?" Taylor was in shock, grabbing your hand and leading you inside the dressing room. "We wanted to surprise you." Taylor smiled at you, her heart soaring when she heard Carter yell out "surprise!" Making both of you laugh, Carter soon joining in and laughing along with you. "Missed you both so much" she said, tears in her eyes as she pressed a kiss to your cheek and bunch of kisses to Carter's face as they both giggled.

The flight might've been long and tiring but you knew right then and there with the scene in front of you that it was all worth it. "How long are you guys joining me for?" Carter and Taylor book stared at you with a look of hope in their eyes. "Three weeks." Taylor was clearly happy with your answer. She was about to ask you how the flight went when she saw something familiar tucked under Carter's left arm. "Is that-" "My bear!" He was so happy as he leaned his head on Taylor's shoulder and looked at her with big eyes and a huge smile on his face, one that looked just like hers despite the fact that they weren't blood related, he still somehow looked a little like her. "He loves it so much. He takes it everywhere with him and he sleeps with it every night and afternoon when he takes his nap." Taylor smiled widely at you, her heart overflowing with love for you and Carter, the two people that have changed her life in the best and most beautiful way imaginable.