Lover

A/N: I made myself cry while writing this chapter and then again while reading it over. This is the first time I've ever done something like this and I'm so proud with how it turned out. 💗
———————

"We could leave the Christmas lights up till January. This is our place, we make the rules."

You stared out the window of yours and Taylor's new home, admiring the snow that was falling on the ground and the Christmas lights that were still hanging up despite the fact that Christmas was four days ago and your neighbors were starting to take theirs down already. You felt a pair of arms wrap around your waist from behind. "Maybe we should take them down." She hummed in your ear. "Nope. This is our place, we make the rules here. I say we keep them up till January. Maybe a little later." You giggled but didn't argue with her. It felt as though you were living in a fairytale.

"Can I go where you go? Can we always be this close, forever and ever?"

She packed up her suitcase for the upcoming tour and you sat on the bed, watching closely as she packed up some of her favorite outfits. "Can I go?" It was a question you've been wanting to ask her for a while now, but you've been too nervous to do so. You don't wanna get in the way, but apparently Taylor wasn't worried about that. "I wanna go wherever you go." She smiled and went to the closet, coming back out a few seconds later with your suitcase in her hands. "Of course you can. I want you to come with me wherever I go. It won't feel like home without you by my side."

"I've loved you three summers now honey, but I want 'em all."

You sat with your feet in the pool in the backyard, the sun shining down on you giving your skin a little tan. Taylor was sitting next to you, her feet kicking some water up here and there making you giggle when it would hit your skin. "You know this is the third summer I've loved you for now." You turned your face to look at her, a light blush covering your cheeks. "Yeah? I love you too." She smiled at you and reached out for your hand. "I want all of them." She grinned at you and you felt your heart start to race. "I want that too." You both giggled. "Soon. Real soon." You knew exactly what she was talking about and you couldn't wait.

"My heart's been borrowed and yours has been blue. All's well that ends well, to end up with you."

You stepped out in the backyard, in awe at the sight. You couldn't stop the tears from welling up in your eyes. There were fairy lights and rose petals everywhere, a little picnic basket by a tree. But Taylor was nowhere in sight. You turned around to go back inside, thinking maybe she had gone in to grab something but you gasped at what you saw when you turned around. There was Taylor, the love of your life right in front of you, down on one knee. You felt like you couldn't breathe. It was all so surreal. You've dreamed of this for so long and now, it was really happening. "I've loved you for so long now y/n. All I wanna do is love you for the rest of my life. I know your heart has been broken in the past but I'm sure you know I'll never be one of those people. You're my lover and I want to love you for the rest of my life." You didn't let her finish before getting on the ground in front of her and wrapping your arms around her neck. "Yes." You whispered against the skin of her neck and she giggled happily, both of you in tears as she slid the ring on your finger. "All's well that ends well, to end up with you." She muttered before pulling you in for another hug.

"At every table, I'll save you a seat, Lover."

You looked around the crowded room for Taylor. It was just a small after-party after the VMA's tonight and your first one with Taylor since you got married just a couple weeks ago. You had to use the bathroom, so you told Taylor you'd meet her in the room somewhere, but the room was so crowded it felt like it was nearly impossible. Almost every table was full of people and you started to panic until you saw Taylor at a table a few hundred feet away from you. The table was full, except for the spot next to her. She smiled at you when she saw you and you walked over to her. "Hey Lover." You grinned at her and sat down, barely able to focus on what was happening around you when Taylor locked eyes with you. "You saved me a seat?" She chuckled and grabbed your hand. "Of course I did. You're my person, I'm gonna save you a seat at every table."