safe with me (requested)

You were curled up against Taylor's lap as she stroked your hair. She was trying everything she could think of to make you feel better.

You've been sick with a stomach bug and you felt so gross. Your hair was sticking to your forehead with sweat, your fever was high, your throat was sore from being sick so often, and your stomach was really achy.

Taylor was having you suck on a popsicle in hopes that it would help your throat a bit. Her fingers ran through your hair, pushing some of it away from your forehead with her fingertips. You started to feel a little tired which Taylor was happy to see considering you've been up since 4am. She took the popsicle out of your hand and put it in a bowl on the table so it wouldn't drip on the floor. She went back to stroking your hair, occasionally leaning down to brush her lips against your clammy forehead.

"Go to sleep, beautiful girl. I'll be right here if you need anything." Her thumb lightly ran across your cheekbone and you closed your eyes, falling asleep shortly afterwards. But you woke up a few hours later in bed and Taylor wasn't next to you. You panicked, your heart racing and your skin was sweaty, not just from your fever but also because of the nightmare you just had.

Your fever was definitely worse though and all you want is Taylor. You need her to hold you and to assure you that you're okay. You tried to get out of bed to go search for her but your foot got caught up in the blanket and you fell on the floor, tangled in the blankets which were making you sweat more.

Taylor came running when she heard you fall. She knelt down in front of you and quickly pulled the blankets off of your sticky skin. "Y/n what's the matter? Why aren't you in bed?" You felt a little delirious from the fever, your mind going blank, the only thing you could focus on was Taylor. You crawled on her lap and put your arms around her neck and she rubbed your back comfortingly. "You weren't here. I woke up and you were gone. Had a bad dream, Tay. I need you to hold me." You started to cry and Taylor stood up but you grabbed her wrist, tears falling from your eyes thinking she was leaving.

"Shhh, hey hey, i'm not going anywhere." She picked you up and gently laid you down on the bed, but as soon as she was laying against the headboard you were back on her lap. "Just want me to hold you, beautiful girl?" You nodded, your face nuzzled in her neck as you took deep breaths and tried to steady your breathing.

But you couldn't because you kept flashing back to your nightmare. Taylor knew you were only getting worse, the nightmare making everything so much worse for you. She rubbed your back and kept placing kisses to your temple. "I've got you. You're safe with me. Just focus on me." You did as she said and listened as she started to take deep breaths with you, something that always made you feel a little better.

You pressed your ear to her chest and focused on the sound of her heartbeat that soon enough started to beat in sync with yours. She lightly brushed her fingertips along the curve of your spine and you started to feel better, now feeling so much safer and like you might be able to fall back asleep. "You doing alright?" Taylor whispered, moving a strand of hair behind your ear and pressing her lips to your forehead. "Yeah. Thank you." Taylor smiled and peppered kisses along your temple. "No need to thank me darling. You're my girl, i'll always do whatever it takes to make you feel better."

You smiled sleepily, closing your eyes for a few seconds but opened them again suddenly. 'Will you keep holding me?" You asked while staring into her beautiful eyes. She chuckled and stroked your cheek. "Of course I will. Go to sleep. I'll hold you the whole time. I promise." You closed your eyes and your eyelashes fluttered against taylor's skin making her want to giggle but she held it back so she wouldn't disturb you.

She felt your back moving up and down as you took steady breaths again. She smiled at how adorable you looked, brushing your hair back with her fingers as you slept soundly in her arms. "I love you so much. you're always gonna be safe with me."