sore ears (requested)

Taylor gripped your hand as you sat in the room at the doctors office. Her ear has been hurting all morning and it's gotten so bad that the pain was bringing tears to her eyes. She tugged at her earlobe, hoping that would somehow ease the pain. "It's okay, Taylor, the doctor will be in soon." You wiped away her tears and she whimpered as the pain grew stronger. "It hurts bad." You rubbed her shoulder comfortingly.

There was a knock at the door and the doctor walked in. He saw Taylor was in distress and instantly pulled out the otoscope to check her ear. She shook her head and whined as the pain worsened. "Taylor, hey, look at me." She looked at you with tears in her eyes. "It's okay." She shook her head, grabbing both of your hands to hold in hers. "It hurts. Can you please calm me down?" You brushed her hair back and kissed her forehead.

"Of course. You're gonna feel so much better when this is over, baby. We can go home and watch a movie and cuddle, just the two of us." She sniffled, a small smile tugging her lips up. "You're doing so great, lovely. You're brave." she winced as the doctor checked her ear, a tear falling from her eye that you quickly wiped away.

"You've definitely got an ear infection." The doctor said when he pulled away. Taylor sighed heavily, the pressure in her ear fading slightly but the pain was still strong. "We'll give you some ear drops to take down that pain. Make sure you get some rest and you should be feeling much better in a couple days." You thanked him as he left the room leaving you and Taylor alone.

"Thank you." She mumbled, leaning forward to kiss your cheek. You giggled and stroked her hair. "For what, beautiful?" "For being here for me, for calming down." You kissed her, softly cupping her cheeks in your hands. "Of course, baby. You're my girl, I love you." She smiled and hopped off the bed. "What do you say we go out for lunch before we go get your ear drops and go home?" She grinned at you in response. "I'd really like that."