"i've never stopped loving you" (requested)

Taylor's knees shook as she walked through the doors of the hospital. The phone call she'd gotten made her heart beat harder than it ever had before.

She still remembers that horrible day, just a year ago. That awful phone call that she got from the nurse and the tearful drive to the hospital. You had gotten into an accident. She could still hear the words from the doctor that made her fall to the ground as she sobbed.

You were in a coma. She remembers the stages of grief and guilt she went through. At first, how she should've stopped you from going out that rainy night; how she could've stopped you, if she would've thought about your safety a little more; how she was responsible.

But she wasn't. It took Taylor a good couple months to believe that. She couldn't have known that this was gonna happen. And though it was the hardest thing she ever had to do, she had to let you go. So she kissed your head and whispered a lot of teary-eyed 'I love you's' against your skin. She kept her grip on your hand tight, hoping that if she squeezed hard enough you'd somehow wake up. But you didn't and she had to come to terms with the probability that you weren't gonna ever wake up.

But now all of that was coming back as she ran to the front desk and gave the poor nurse a heart attack. "I'm sorry. I-i'm looking for my girlfriend y/n y/ln."

Girlfriend. It felt familiar but unfamiliar all at the same time. She hasn't referred to you as that for months.

She somehow snapped out of her daze when the nurse told her the number to your room. She ran to the elevator as quickly as she could. Her hands were trembling, her knees felt they were gonna buckle from right underneath her, and she felt sick. Not because it was bad news that she was here again, but the opposite, actually. You're awake. But a lot has changed in the last year and especially in the last seven months or so.

She allowed herself to move on, thinking you weren't ever gonna wake up. Her friends and family told her that she needed to, and although it never felt right and her heart always longed for you, she did. Now she's in a relationship with someone else and she felt guilty for it.

The bell dinged signaling that she had arrived on your floor and she managed to pull herself together. She stepped out of the elevator and walked slowly down the hall, looking at every room number, until she finally found yours. She opened the door and for the first time in over a year, she saw your eyes flicker over to hers.

She didn't care about anything else in that moment. She ran over to you and pulled you in for a gentle hug. "Tay! You're here! I was wondering where you were when I woke up." She bit her lip and pulled away from the hug. Her blue eyes were filled with tears and they weren't the kind of tears you expected. "Taylor? What's wrong?"

She cleared her throat and sat down on the chair by your bed. "Why weren't you here with me when I woke up?" She felt awful. She should've been here. She ran a hand through her hair and groaned in frustration. "I'm sorry. I should've been here.
Y/n, things are a lot more complicated now than before the accident."

"Different how?" She sighed and tried to reach for your hand but you pulled away. "Don't tell me... how could you do that to me? You left me? You just gave up on me? Looked at me like I was a lost cause and just moved on?" Taylor shook her head and tried to put her hand on your arm but this time, you pushed her away. "Get out! Just get out! You left me. You weren't here when I needed you the most. You gave up on me!" You sobbed.

Taylor didn't leave though. No, instead she put her arms around you. You tried to fight her and push her away from you but she wasn't moving. "Get out, Tay! Just go." She started to cry, shaking her head no as she fell apart with you.

She ignored all the wires and the guardrails on the bed to get on there with you. "I'm not going anywhere. I'm not leaving you, not again." "I hate you." The words hurt. They were certainly harsh, but she deserved them. "I know. You can be mad at me. You can hate me, that's okay, but i'm still not leaving you."

She let you calm down. She held you close but she didn't say another word. She let you rant and grumble, because she deserved it after what she did to you. But you calmed down. You slowly started to come to your senses. "What's her name?" You said bitterly. "Emma." You scoffed but Taylor grabbed your chin in her hand. "But it doesn't matter. She's not important to me."

"Oh now that i'm awake again she's not important to you? Screw you Taylor." She just chuckled, and you didn't know why, but you kinda did too. "It would be nice for you to let me explain myself-" "you think you deserve that?" Taylor paused and thought about it for a moment. "No. But you do."

You sighed but waved your hand for her to continue. "They told me that there was no way you were gonna wake up. It's the worst thing i've ever heard. I tried to hold on for you, and I don't know why, but I believed them. So my family and my friends convinced me that I deserved to move on and after being in here with you every day for almost four months straight, I believed them, too. So I did. But there was always something wrong. These girls never compared to you. Just like most people they see me as 'Taylor Swift' and not for me; not the way you see me. I've always hoped you'd wake up, so you could snap me out of this hell I let myself get stuck in. I'm so sorry y/n."

She expected for you to tell her to leave again. To get out and to never come back, so she was surprised when you put your head on her chest and let your hand travel to her side. "At least you all know not to underestimate me now." Taylor laughed. That's just the kinda answer she expects from you. From someone so strong, so driven and determined. "You're right, beautiful girl."

The pet name struck a chord in your heart, making it beat a little faster and normally that wouldn't be such a big deal, but you're still connected to a heart monitor and when your heart started to make that beeping noise from the speed it picked up in your chest, Taylor couldn't help but giggle. "Shut up."

You grinned and poked at her sides. "Taylor?" She hummed as she ran her fingertips along your back, her gaze locked on yours as her other hand moved some hair behind your ear. "Tell me the truth. Are you and Emma done? I can't forgive you and go back to 'us' if you say no." Taylor kissed you lovingly and you lifted your hand to run through her hair, but you pulled it back and winced when you remembered the IV was still there. "Darling, look at me. Listen to me very carefully, okay?"

You nodded, trying to prepare yourself for her saying no. "Emma and I were never together. I mean, yeah, we dated, I guess. But she never made me feel the way you make me feel. To me, without that love and chemistry, you never have a real relationship. People think we're happy but i'm only ever happy with you."

You smiled and pressed your lips back to hers after she said that. "That's all I needed to hear. I was just worried that you stopped loving me." Taylor let you rest your head on her shoulder, her fingertips still delicately running along your spine. "I've never stopped loving you."