Chapter 1 - Misunderstanding (1)

“I am resigning.”

In the cramped CEO’s office, a rather tall man declared decisively.

“I have organized the tasks I was in charge of so that there will be no problems. I’ll stop here.”

A man revealing his intention to resign with great calmness. Short hair with a strong impression. His name is Kang Woo-jin. Looking at him, the CEO, who looked like a pudgy toad, laughed in disbelief.

“Ha! You’re going to quit? You fool! Do you think the design industry here is as vast as China? It’s so damn narrow here. What will happen if you quit rashly? Do you think changing jobs is easy? Huh?”

The CEO blurted out complaints mixed with annoyance and mockery. However, Kang Woojin, who stood there calmly, didn’t respond.

‘Job change or whatever, it’s none of your business now, you toad bastard.’

Right now, he just wanted to go home as quickly as possible. The company Kang Woo-jin was about to leave was a very common design company with about 20 employees.

It was a company that was among the smallest businesses, and one that had a horrible reputation.

From high school to college and until now, Kang Woo-jin, who has been designing all his life, was in his fourth year in this damn company. He is now 27 years old.

‘Looking back, I have nothing but crappy memories.’

Although it’s a design company, the nature of a small business meant that aside from design work, there were countless other chores. Moreover, overtime was frequent. Overtime pay? They hardly gave any, and weekend work was common.

Annual leave? What is that, oh- a tea to be boiled and eaten?

And so, Kang Woojin had reached his limit. And today. On Monday morning. Woojin exploded as soon as he saw the toad-like CEO.

Hell, I don’t care, let’s yell it out.

Honestly, Kang Woo-jin had his resignation letter prepared two years ago. Everyone probably feels the same. Anyway, the toad-like CEO, who was glaring at Kang Woo-jin, waved his hand dismissively.

“Ha… unbelievable. Yeah, yeah, get lost, get lost. There are plenty of guys who can do as much as you. Don’t come in from tomorrow.”

At this, Kang Woo-jin replied as if he had been waiting.

“Yes, understood. And please send my unpaid overtime pay and severance pay properly.”

“Hey, you.”

“I’ve roughly calculated it. CEO, I don’t want to make a big deal. Well then.”

Once he made up his mind, words flowed easily. Whispering to himself, Kang Woo-jin politely said goodbye to the toad-like CEO and left the office. Soon, cheers and encouragement poured out for Kang Woo-jin. They were the employees. Well done, I’m jealous, and so on. One of the employees close to Kang Woo-jin approached him.

“I’m envious of your escape. But what are you going to do now?”

What am I going to do? Well. To be honest, he was worried. What will he live on in the future? However, Woo-jin, who decided to set aside his worries for today, replied nonchalantly as he moved to his seat.

“Honestly, I don’t think I’m going to do design anymore. I have a working holiday visa, I’m thinking of maybe going there.”

“Working holiday? Where?”