Chapter 184 - Appearance Fee (9)

When Kang Woojin first spotted the assailant rushing at Hwalin, his instincts were quick. The situation was urgent, after all. His brain and body worked reflexively. However, reason quickly intervened.

‘Is that enough? I can stop it. If I just grab the arm with the awl first.’

Kang Woojin quickly assessed the posture, size, and weapon of the rushing assailant and soon had his answer. The assailant was just charging. No technique was evident. Woojin blurred the assailant’s vision for a moment by physically protecting Hwalin. Every human has a moment of hesitation. The assailant was no exception.

Hiding? What to do? Stab Kang Woojin first?

Woojin did not miss the brief wavering of the assailant’s pupils. He immediately snatched the hand holding the awl and subdued him in an instant. There was no hesitation in what to do next; it was clear in Woojin’s mind, thanks to the ‘martial arts’ ingrained in him.

And now.

“Ah! My, my arm!! Let go!! Let me go!!”

The assailant was writhing on the ground, face planted down. Woojin quietly looked down at the back of the head of the assailant he was pressing down.

Only then did he realize.

‘Wow, crazy, isn’t it? That was surprising.’

What he had just managed to do without much trouble.

‘Did it work?? It really did. That was awesome just now.’

He wasn’t flustered. He was simply amazed that his abilities worked so well in reality. ‘Martial arts’ was different from languages or vocals. It could strike and attack the opponent. Moreover, the ‘martial arts’ ingrained in Woojin was not just an ‘imitation’.

What Kang Woojin possessed was the real deal.

But imagining something and seeing it in reality were worlds apart. Such incidents were not common, after all. Kang Woojin had acquired ‘martial arts,’ but he did not expect to use it right away like this.

Therefore, Woojin’s heart thumped belatedly.

At that moment.

-Swish.

The subdued assailant struggled even more on the ground. The assailant’s strength, the feel, the screams. A fine shiver ran up Kang Woojin’s forearm. A sense of wonder and accomplishment enveloped him. Perhaps it was a sensation similar to pleasure.

But Kang Woojin was different.

‘But… I don’t feel good about this.’

He did not take pleasure in violence. He was proud of the situation, but did not wish to experience it again. That was the honest feeling of the real Woojin.

But well, since the situation had been taken care of, was that enough?

Then Kang Woojin firmly built his persona, ensuring his identity remained solid. Now was the time to hide his pounding heart and lower his voice, given the circumstances. A deep voice, surprising even to Woojin, emerged.

“Call the police.”

Soon, several burly guards rushed over. One grabbed the arm of the assailant Woojin had caught, while the others grabbed the fallen assailant’s body and legs. The assailant, already unable to move just by Kang Woojin’s hold, now seemed as impenetrable as a fortress.

“Ah! Let go!! Let go me!!!”

But the mad struggle of the assailant showed no signs of ending. Then, Choi Sung-gun and the chubby manager rushed to Woojin.