Chapter 131 - Departure (5)

Subscribers: 1.01 million. The words of a team leader from Netflix Japan Team were true. As if to prove it, Han Ye-jung joined Choi Sung-gun, who had his hair tied back in a ponytail.

“CEO~nim.”

She whispered softly beside Choi Sung-gun, showing him her phone.

“We just achieved it.”

On Han Ye-jung’s phone screen, the main page of Kang Woojin’s alter ego channel on Youtube was displayed.

[Channel Name: Kang Woojin’s Alter Ego]

[Subscribers: 1.01 million]

[Videos: 5]

Upon seeing this, Choi Sung-gun’s mouth stretched into a wide smile.

“Another first achieved.”

He gave a thumbs-up to Kang Woojin, who was on stage.

But Kang Woojin, who was currently busy with the event and speaking fluent Japanese, had no idea.

“Yes, my chemistry with Hwalin was great. The atmosphere on the set was friendly and warm from beginning to end. If there’s something memorable – ah, but it’s a bit difficult to mention. It could be a spoiler.”

He was clueless.

The next day, in the morning.

Having successfully completed the event organized by Netflix Japan the day before, Woojin was meeting with PD Shinjo, who was thin as a reed, from ‘Ame-talk Show!’ starting from the morning of the 27th. The meeting took place in a restaurant inside a hotel, with Kang Woojin and Choi Sung-gun on one side and PD Shinjo and the writers on the other.

“Haha, Woojin, it’s even more delightful to see you in Japan!”

“Hello, PD~nim.”

“You know, right? Your name is creating a buzz in Japan right now. Hanryang is doing so well, it’s completely different from the early days of our investigation! Whether it’s communities or SNS, you’re the hottest topic, Woojin. And since your arrival in Japan yesterday, it’s gotten even more intense.”

Excitement sparkled in the eyes of PD Shinjo and the writers as they rapidly spoke in Japanese. It was only natural. They had only expected to cover ‘Hanryang’ with Kang Woojin, but he had grown into an unexpectedly huge success. They felt like they had hit the jackpot.

“And I saw earlier that your Youtube channel has already surpassed 1 million subscribers? That’s really amazing. I’ve been a PD for a long time, but this is the first time I’ve seen such a rapid rise.”

Woojin, wearing a mask of indifference, was genuinely happy inside.

‘Admittedly, even I can’t believe this is real. Me – becoming a million-subscriber Youtuber.’

He briefly reminisced about yesterday’s thrill, imagining a sweet future.

‘At this rate, reaching 2 million will be easy, and even 3 million won’t be hard. No, this could definitely hit 5 million.’

It was then that PD Shinjo suddenly brought up work. He talked about the recording scheduled for two days later.

“We had to overhaul our original plan because everything happened so suddenly. There are many additions, and the recording time will be a bit longer.”

“No problem.”

“Haha, thank you. The opening and closing will be as usual. You have projects you’re participating in, right? Like Hanryang, ‘Male Friend’, ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’, other Korean works, and your Youtube channel. We’ve included plenty of promotional segments.”