Chapter 164 - Breaking (3)

Kang Woojin’s contract with bw Entertainment is for a year? The editor, with his double chin, frowned deeper, and said again to the female reporter with a serious expression right in front of him, his tone slightly raised.

“I mean, what kind of bullshit is that. A one-year contract? And who would believe that? Hey, do you not know who Choi Sung-gun is? He’s a player, a player. Would that networker have contracted with a diamond like Kang Woojin for just one year? No, to begin with, a one-year contract doesn’t even exist.”

Though what he said wasn’t entirely wrong, the female reporter didn’t back down.

“I’ve obtained the info from a source.”

“······”

The editor, who had been scratching his double chin, shut his mouth. Then, he slowly sized up the determined female reporter. After roughly a few seconds, he spoke again.

“How reliable is that information?”

“Well, about- 80%?”

“80?”

“Yes.”

Confidence was apparent. At this point, even the editor found it hard to ignore.

“Huh······this is quite the fresh news. Which crazy entertainment company contracts a newcomer for just one year nowadays.”

“Exactly! Especially since it’s Kang Woojin we’re talking about. He’s been involved in so many issues right now. He’s also accumulated a string of hits.”

Is that true? No matter how much he thought about it, the editor found it hard to understand.

‘Well, fine. Let’s say, for the sake of argument, it’s a one-year deal. But didn’t he blow up right after his debut with Mise-en-scène and Hanryang? Then, unless they’re idiots, shouldn’t they have immediately extended the contract?’

Moreover, Kang Woojin was currently shaking up the entertainment industry not just in Korea but also in Japan, in less than a year. And Choi Sung-gun just left him be? Has he lost his touch?

“······Hmm. I don’t know, but there must be some reason between those two. Or perhaps a deal.”

“If bw Entertainment loses Kang Woojin now, they’ll really be treated like clowns in the industry.”

“That they will.”

“Well, it’s not really our concern. Anyway, Editor-nim, how does this story smell to you? It’s juicy, right?”

The female reporter smiled slightly. The editor’s smile slowly spread as well.

“What’s there to say? Especially since Kang Woojin is practically monopolizing the market right now, this will turn the entertainment companies upside down. They’ll all rush in with their money. Public interest will spike too. At any rate, the story is interesting.”

“We can properly hook them in for once, especially with the year-end just around the corner.”

“So, are you going to release it right away?”

“What’s the point in delaying? Just go for it.”

Under normal circumstances, the editor would have agreed, but this time, for some reason, he was a bit more cautious.

“Hmm- no, that information you got. Check it again. Then get confirmation from me again.”

The female reporter furrowed her brows.