Chapter 61 - Torrent (6)

Kang Woojin chose the short series drama script by an assistant writer, not a script by the renowned star writer, Lee Wol-seon. Yet, the expression on Woojin’s face after choosing the short series drama script was…

“……”

It was casually indifferent. Seeing him like this, Choi Sung-gun blanked out for a moment.

“Huh?”

He thought he was quite adapted to being around Kang Woojin. Was he still far from understanding him? Soon, Choi Sung-gun asked,

“….So.”

He asked Kang Woojin, who calmly lowered his index finger. His voice slightly trembling.

“You decided on that short series drama script, not the one by Lee Wol-seon, right?”

“Yes, that’s what I said.”

“Do you know who Lee Wol-seon is?”

Of course. Woojin was aware of the existence of Writer Lee Wol-seon. He had seen a few articles comparing her to Park Eun-mi when he had searched for the latter in the past.

“I know very well. She’s an incredible writer.”

“But you still chose the short series drama script.”

“That’s correct.”

Choi Sung-gun was baffled. But not too much. There had been similar situations before. It was the same with Director Woo Hyun-goo. However, he found it hard to understand. Why he made such a choice.

“……The reason. I’m curious about the reason.”

Reason? Kang Woojin remained silent for a moment. Actually, Woojin had secretly entered the void space before deciding, after briefly reading both scripts. Since there were two scripts, he entered twice. This was now a necessary process for Kang Woojin.

The dark void space gave him the correct choice.

‘To be honest, there wasn’t much difference in grade.’

Indeed. There wasn’t a stark contrast between the two scripts.

-[5/Script (Title: Freezing Love), C+ Grade]

-[6/Script (Title: Male Friend), B Grade]

‘Freezing Love’ was Lee Wol-seon’s script and ‘Male Friend’ was the short series drama script by an assistant writer. The difference in grade between the two scripts was only one level.

‘Well, if you look closely, the fact that the star writer’s script is a grade lower than the short series drama script is a problem.’

Regardless, both were average. C to B is either average or slightly above average.

Based on the works alone, Woojin could have chosen ‘Freezing Love’. In fact, Lee Wol-seon’s work might have been better. Even though the work was average, the impact of being cast consecutively in star writers’ works, following Writer Park Eun-mi, would be significant.

On the contrary, the short series drama script might produce slightly better results but would lack in buzz and promotion.

If the results are similar, it’s fundamental judge based on the background. Considering the potential for the work’s grade might rise up, starring in Writer Lee Wol-seon’s work would have been beneficial for the rapidly rising actor Kang Woojin. Then, why did Woojin choose the  short series drama script? Woojin internally exclaimed the answer while looking at Choi Sung-gun.