Chapter 161 - Solo (8)

3rd Nov. Da Nang International Airport.

October had ended and November had just begun a few days ago. Yet, Vietnam was still hot, and at the moment when the overseas location shooting of ‘Island of the Missing’ had ended, Director Ahn Ga-bok, who had taken an additional two-day break, was boarding the plane.

Naturally, he was on his way back to Korea.

-Swish.

Sitting in the spacious business class, Director Ahn Ga-bok, who was also wearing shorts and slippers today, took off the safari hat he was wearing. And then.

“……”

With an indifferent face, Director Ahn Ga-bok pulled out a thick bundle of papers. It was the script for ‘Island of the Missing’ received from Director Kwon Ki-taek.

-Flap.

He intended to read the script for ‘Island of the Missing’ throughout the return journey or even after arriving in Korea.

“Hmm.”

It was partly to gauge the differences between the actual location and the script, but more to vividly recall Kang Woojin’s acting, namely Corporal Jin Sun-cheol’s performance.

-Flap.

“……”

At the same time, Director Ahn Ga-bok fell into deep thought. Of course, his focus was on Kang Woojin.

‘Sometimes showing something strange or unfamiliar in his eyes. Hidden essence, but still, once immersed in acting, he was filled with the character’s traits only. But why does it feel unsettling?’

The more he talked with Kang Woojin, the more certain he became, but on the contrary, he felt like he was being pushed into a fog. It had been a long time since he took such a deep interest not just in acting but in an actor as a person. Director Ahn Ga-bok, who usually values what an actor possesses beyond their acting, found his contemplation deepening.

Why? What does the enigmatic aura emitted by that rookie actor signify?

‘The fog enveloping that child, what does it mean?’

Director Ahn Ga-bok had completed his investigation on Kang Woojin before coming to Vietnam. The extent to which casting directors (CDs) usually do. Anyway, Kang Woojin’s past information was scant. No college, theater troupe, or academy. Kang Woojin’s traces were nowhere to be found in the domestic acting scene.

However, there were quite a few rumors floating around in the entertainment industry.

‘He worked at a design company just before debuting, right?’

There was also talk of him being studied abroad. But he self-taught acting. The recent controversy surrounding Kang Woojin also caught attention. The assertions that Kang Woojin’s past and present personalities are 180 degrees different, as if he is a completely different person, possibly having a dual personality or being an identical twin, etc. This was briefly a topic of discussion but is now buried.

‘Testimonies from those who know Kang Woojin’s past.’

Most of it would be nonsense, but piecing together the various statements, it seemed Kang Woojin had led a rather ordinary life. However, that was even more bizarre. How could that monster have lived so ordinarily? Currently, Kang Woojin possesses too much. Not just his immense acting ability but also various languages including sign language, vocal skills, and so on.

‘It’s like awl in a bag.’

No matter how much one tries to hide greatness, it eventually becomes visible to others. In other words, Kang Woojin must have been exceptional from a young age. It would have been difficult to live quietly.