Chapter 18 - Plot Twist (3)

“…Grade A or even top-tier? For ‘Exorcism’?”

The employee, with an expression suggesting difficulty understanding, responded. In contrast, bulldog-like CEO Seo Gu-seob had a confident look in his eyes.

“If not, it doesn’t make sense, does it? Originally, ‘Exorcism’ was trash that had been drifting for over 2 years after completion, wasn’t it?”

“Ye-yes, that’s right.”

“But we provided Jung-hyuk as the main male lead and added investment. And although it was a squeeze, even rookies, right? How many things are being sorted out at once? Can such conditions exist for a mere short film?”

“They can’t.”

“But damn, he violated the agreement, didn’t he? Even though Jung-hyuk’s past might be a bit problematic, would you question it over a short film that’s just a few millions worth in production?”

“…”

The employee glanced at Park Jung-hyuk on the five-seater sofa behind him and lowered his voice.

“Well, if they aim to win the ‘Mise-en-scène Short Film Festival’ with ‘Exorcism’… it might be a bit of a concern.”

“Who cares about that old story. The fact that they’re making such a shitty film is a grace in itself, and Jung-hyuk is a gentleman. Even worse guys go to the ‘Mise-en-scène Film Festival’ just fine.”

While exhaling smoke from his cigarette, CEO Seo Gu-seob moved towards the five-seater sofa where Park Jung-hyuk was sitting.

“What does Director Park say? He took the rookies to Shin Dong-chun, right? Was there any sign of other actors when he went?”

“Ah-yes, yes. Except for the fact that he was in a meeting with an unknown actor, not particularly.”

“Unknown?”

“Yes. It was an unknown actor without any fame.”

At the words ‘unknown actor’, CEO Seo Gu-seob briefly clicked his tongue and reacted nonchalantly.

“Looks like he was interviewing some idiot for a minor role. We don’t need to worry about such insignificant people. Did Director Park have anything else to say?”

“No, nothing else. CEO, if an A-tier or higher actor is now on board with Director Shin Dong-chun… Shouldn’t Blue View Film Company know about it?”

“They should.”

CEO Seo Gu-seob, who agreed, tapped the armrest of the sofa with his index finger. Meanwhile, Park Jung-hyuk, who was sitting on the left with his legs crossed, chimed in.

“Did the Blue Vision Film Company secretly pull some strings? Director Shin Dong-chun has a decent network.”

Then, CEO Seo Gu-seop slapped his own thigh.

“Right. He’s worked quite a lot as a drama PD in the past, so he must have made some connections… Ah, isn’t Shin Dong-chun good friends with PD Song Man-woo?”

Park Jung-hyuk answered.

“They’re close. They are like brothers.”

“PD Song Man-woo has several top-tier connections behind him. If those two are in cahoots, it’s not surprising that they cast A-list actors in ‘Exorcism’.”

At this point, an employee cautiously added an opinion.

“I don’t think it’s a top-tier actor. There’s no merit. Even if ‘Exorcism’ goes to the ‘Mise-en-scène Film Festival’… An A-list actor is a bit too much, at best a B-list actor for a supporting role. Maybe Director Shin Dong-chun hesitated and chose a B-list actor out of fear?”