Chapter 116 - Multi (4)

The reason the PD of ‘Ame-talk Show!’ was surprised was quite simple. Kang Woojin’s Japanese was fluently impeccable. It wasn’t just the PD, but the entire production team of ‘Ame-talk Show!’ in the room felt the same.

The PD asked Kang Woojin in front of him again.

“You speak Japanese… very well?”

With a serious look, Woojin nodded and answered. Of course, in Japanese.

“I know enough to get by.”

Just enough? Even in their brief conversation, his pronunciation was already at a native speaker’s level. The skinny PD, slightly embarrassed, assessed Kang Woojin with a mix of confusion.

‘He feels quite different from his character in ‘Hanryang’.’

Quite tall, with the visuals emitting an actor’s charisma, and a deep voice. Was this his usual demeanor? The PD grew curious. It’s true that actors are different from their roles, but this Korean actor in front of him had a particularly intense dichotomy.

‘And he speaks Japanese, at that. This feels promising.’

Being able to speak the language was a significant advantage, most of all because ‘Ame-talk Show!’ was a talk show. From the audience’s perspective, there’s a huge difference between having a translator and not.

It was at this moment.

“Hello-”

A man with a ponytail and awkward Japanese entered from behind Kang Woojin. It was Choi Sung-gun. He greeted everyone with a gentle smile..

“I am Choi Sung-gun, CEO of bw Entertainment.”

The one who responded immediately was the ‘Ame-talk Show!’ PD.

“I’m Shiiki Shinjo, the main PD of the talk show.”

After the introductions, including the writers and interpreters, were over, and several business cards had been exchanged, everyone, including Kang Woojin, sat at the table. It seemed like the meal would follow the discussion, as Choi Sung-gun first ordered something to drink from the Korean restaurant staff.

-Swish.

He first smiled at PD Shinjo across from him.

“I must say, I was surprised. I heard ‘Hanryang’ is gaining popularity in Japan, but I didn’t expect a Japanese talk show to be interested in our Woojin.”

Naturally, it wasn’t Kang Woojin but an interpreter who did the translating, and PD Shinjo, who had been observing Woojin, equipped with a business smile and spoke in Japanese.

“‘Profiler Hanryang’ is extremely popular in Japan at the moment. It’s beyond just ‘gaining popularity.’ Naturally, there’s a lot of focus on the actors as well.”

“Is Woojin’s recognition good?”

“Of course. Before contacting you, we did some research, and Kang Woojin is mentioned almost as much as the lead actors of ‘Hanryang,’ especially on social media.”

Though Choi Sung-gun already knew this, he put on a happy expression for the meeting. Pretending to know less seemed more beneficial for the atmosphere. Around this time, PD Shinjo’s attention shifted from Choi Sung-gun to Kang Woojin.

A profoundly nonchalant vibe.

‘Is he not pleased? Or is he always this stoic?’

Kang Woojin seemed slightly fascinated while looking at the ‘Ame-talk Show!’ team across from him.