Chapter 198 - Oddity (3)

Next to the waiting room, in the studio.

In the center of the studio, where all preparations were completed and the screen test was about to proceed, stood two men. One was a Chinese actor who had just arrived. His name was Wang Bang, and he was dressed in a suit. He was about the same height as Kang Woojin, but his features had a slightly sharp feel.

The other was a foreign man wearing a gray short-sleeved shirt.

His physique contrasted with that of Wang Bang standing next to him. They were almost the same height, but the muscles in his forearms and chest, visible outside of his clothes, were solid. His hair was short, and his face was square-jawed.

It was natural.

He was the leader of the stunt team for ‘Last Kill 3’. His name was Gary Peck.

He was a well-known figure in the industry. In Hollywood, Gary is called a stunt coordinator, equivalent to a martial arts director in Korea. The job is almost the same. Thus, all the action scenes of ‘Last Kill 3’ went through Gary’s hands, and he was in charge of all the martial arts for the ‘Last Kill’ series.

Therefore, his role was crucial in this screen test that included martial arts, and as he checked the partition that would serve as a mirror, he.

-Swish.

Locked eyes with the Chinese actor Wang Bang.

“How well have you memorized the script? Don’t say you can do more than you can, because you won’t be rated highly for it. Be honest.”

Wang Bang nodded once to the question posed in English.

“I remember the entire movement, but I might stutter if it’s too fast.”

“Got it. Then move at the speed you’re comfortable with, and stop immediately if it’s too hard. Again, this test is more about checking how your face appears on the screen rather than the martial arts.”

“Yes, I understand.”

After hearing the answer, stunt coordinator Gary scanned Wang Bang from head to toe slowly. He was the one who planned all the martial arts sequences for the ‘Last Kill’ series. Being such a veteran, he could make some judgments just by scanning the aura the actor usually displayed.

‘······His looks are a bit lacking. But the physique is similar. The eyes are somewhat disappointing. The power he holds seems weak. His unconscious movements are also somewhat limp.’

The image result was a fail. However, the final decision was up to the director, George Mendes. As the overall action director, Gary’s role was merely to assist in the deliberation.

Soon.

-Swish.

Having finished assessing Wang Bang’s condition, Gary gestured a thumbs up towards the long desk in front. It meant they could start. Thanks to that, director George, who resembled Santa Claus, focused his gaze on the monitor ahead. The monitor already displayed Wang Bang and Gary’s front, side, and rear views.

“Not bad.”

His murmur was picked up by the men sitting beside him. They were executives from the film company.

“But it’s not the look we wanted, is it? Didn’t we send the script to China a month ago?”

“There was not enough time to get in shape, but if this is the level of preparation after a month… they didn’t prepare enough.”

“If this is their condition after a month······Hmm, Director George. You said you informed of test to the Korean actor just a few days ago. Is there a reason to waste time on him?”