Chapter 98 - Cut-off (2)

A huge scandal involving Seo Chae-eun? The news was absurdly shocking and utterly unexpected. However, Director Kwon Ki-taek, whose face had become somewhat serious, appeared more composed than anticipated.

“Seo Chae-eun is involved in a scandal, a big one at that.”

Choi Sung-gun’s response came immediately through the speaker.

“Yes, it seems likely.”

“Is that a certainty or a guess?”

“At the moment, it’s fifty-fifty.”

“Hmm…”

Director Kwon Ki-taek, who let out a short grunt, pressed the accelerator on the open road, lost in thought. His immediate concern was about Choi Sung-gun.

‘CEO Choi wouldn’t be joking around this early in the morning unless he’s gone crazy.’

Moreover, Director Kwon Ki-taek had always thought highly of Choi Sung-gun. He was indeed a respectable figure. After all, most people in the entertainment industry, actors, and officials alike, knew Choi Sung-gun. He had a wide range of connections but had managed to maintain his network without any significant issues.

That in itself was an achievement in the entertainment world jungle.

Of course, Choi Sung-gun was also skilled. He had a good head for business and was perceptive. Despite having managed many successful actors in his prime, he boldly chose to go independent, bringing only Hong Hye-yeon with him, a calculated risk for the future. Recently, he had even managed to sign Kang Woojin, who is soaring unrivaled.

And he had done so amidst fierce competition.

Such a man wouldn’t spout nonsense to Kwon Ki-taek, a titan of the film industry. Likely, he had caught wind of something through his extensive network.

‘It’s not hard to delay the promotion for a few hours, whether I believe him is another matter.’

Nipping any potential trouble in the bud was crucial. For now, Director Kwon Ki-taek decided to tentatively trust Choi Sung-gun’s words.

“Let’s do that, I’ll put a hold on all the promotions we were about to start.”

“Yes, Director.”

“I’m heading to the distribution company now. Can you make it there?”

“Of course. I’ve just turned the car around and will discuss it with you in person.”

“How long will it take?”

After a moment of silence, Choi Sung-gun’s voice filled the speaker again.

“It should be less than an hour. Ah, and Director. This matter should remain only between us.”

“…Are you already taking action?”

“That’s right, for now.”

“Understood, I need to call the distributors, so let’s end this call.”

“Yes.”

With a click, the call with Choi Sung-gun ended. As Director Kwon Ki-taek made a left turn, he immediately called the distributors of ‘Island of the Missing’. The recipient was quick to respond, and Director Kwon gave his instructions right away.

“Let’s stop all the publicity we were planning to start from today.”

Meanwhile, Choi Sung-gun, also in his car, let out a small sigh of relief.