Chapter 175 - Stranger (5)

On the morning of November 17th, the place where Kang Woojin found himself was in a large complex center called ‘Pacific Yokohama’ in Tokyo. Various events are held here, and the space currently rented for Kang Woojin’s fan signing event was the convention hall inside.

It was moderately sized.

It had the feel of a medium-sized area with a stage at the front and seats for the audience arranged. The seating capacity was roughly 1500 seats, divided into two floors, the first and the second. It is usually used for corporate announcements or various events, and this morning, it had been confirmed for Kang Woojin’s fan signing event.

The organizer was, of course, Netflix Japan.

This was part of Kang Woojin’s confirmed schedule in Japan, and while the popularity of ‘Hanryang’ and ‘Male Friend’ was a reason, in a larger sense, it was akin to promoting Woojin. With ‘Hanryang,’ ‘Male Friend,’ and shows like ‘Ame-talk Show!’ Kang Woojin’s popularity in Japan was soaring, especially since there hadn’t been any official communication with the fans until now.

This fan signing event was somewhat Kang Woojin’s first fan meeting in Japan.

Therefore, Netflix Japan had announced this fan signing event to the public long ago. Given Woojin’s rising popularity and the buzz around ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger,’ the news spread rapidly beyond social media.

Thanks to that.

『Tickets for 「Kang Woo-jin」’s fan signing event held in Japan sold out within minutes』

The originally planned 300 attendees for the signing event sold out in minutes. Thus began Kang Woojin’s first fan signing in Japan, and having experienced such events in Korea before, Woojin wasn’t nervous about the number. However, it was still exciting and a bit nerve-wracking since it was his first time with fans from another country.

But.

“I heard that there are more than 700 people gathered in the outside plaza?”

The news Han Ye-jung threw at Woojin, who was in the waiting room, brought a sense of shock. 300 people had already taken their places inside the convention hall, but over 700 fans in the plaza outside ‘Pacific Yokohama’? Probably those who didn’t make it through the application.

That means over a thousand fans had gathered.

In terms of numbers, it was almost like a fan meeting rather than a signing event. Despite maintaining his solemn expression while putting down the tablet he was looking at.

‘Thousand people??!’

He internally screamed. It made sense for 300 fans to fill up the place, but over 1000 fans coming?? As excitement surged within him, Kang Woojin forcibly suppressed it and asked Han Ye-jung in a low voice.

“What happened?”

Han Ye-jung, with her blue bob, shook her head slightly.

“I don’t know. Netflix Japan staff have gone out to check.”

“700 people?”

“Yes. But that’s just an estimate, and it could be more. I briefly saw outside before coming here, and it looked like the plaza in front of a concert hall.”

“······”

“Fans who didn’t get through the 300-person first-come-first-served application just came.”

Indeed, that was the case. Currently, the plaza in front of the large ‘Pacific Yokohama’ entrance was bursting with people. Interestingly, hundreds of fans were orderly lining up in an L shape to the very end. There wasn’t a specific rule, but it seemed like everyone followed suit after someone started.