Chapter 187 - United States (2)

Upon Kang Woojin’s firm response through the phone.

“PD-nim, I’ll take the role of ‘Jang Yeon-woo’.”

Writer Choi Na-na covered her mouth with both hands and abruptly stood up. Her eyes widened in surprise.

“….Ah.”

It was because she was too overwhelmed with emotion. Of course, the production manager and the casting director also stopped in their tracks. It wasn’t confusion or astonishment. It was closer to a pleasant shock, with exhilaration to boot. Hearing it directly from Kang Woojin himself, rather than through others, doubled its impact.

And then,

“Really? You’ll take it on, Woojin-ssi?”

With beard hanging off his chin, PD Song Man-woo seemed to have gone through hell and back in a brief moment. The bad thoughts he had just moments ago vanished upon hearing Kang Woojin would take on the role.

‘Kang Totem, so reassuring.’

Even for a bigwig like drama PD Song Man-woo, in front of the Kang Totem, he was nothing but a devotee. Anyhow, Woojin’s low voice continued over the phone.

“Yes, PD-nim. I found the script interesting and I like the character ‘Jang Yeon-woo.’ I’ll do it.”

“Haha, that’s great. I’m grateful.”

“Ah, by any chance, is there an overlap with another actor?”

“Not at all! We haven’t sent the script to anyone else but you, Woojin-ssi.”

The words ‘eagerly awaiting’ came to mind, but Song Man-woo PD tried hard to hold back.

“Woojin-ssi will be the first actor for ‘Beneficial Evil.'”

“Understood.”

“Now, we have to gather the cast centered around Woojin-ssi, hahaha. But first, I have to brag to Writer Park.”

After tossing out a light joke, PD Song Man-woo changed the subject to something that had just occurred to him.

“Ah, but Woojin-ssi.”

“Yes.”

“That- um, you’ve considered your entire schedule before deciding, right? As you know, there will be martial arts training involved. The movements might be a bit complex since it’s action-heavy.”

“Yes.”

“Are you sure it’s okay?”

In that moment, everyone in the office, including PD Song Man-woo, looked down at their phones. Their expressions were serious. In contrast, Woojin’s voice from the phone was as calm as ever.

“What do you mean?”

Was he the right choice after all? PD Song Man-woo laughed. It was a needless worry. Martial arts must be no concern for Kang Woojin.

“No, nothing. Okay, ‘Beneficial Evil’s main male lead is confirmed to be Woojin-ssi. Ah, but before the script reading, there will be a simple test related to the martial arts.”

“Is that so?”

“Yeah. It’s nothing difficult, just the usual thing action projects do, where the martial arts director checks the actor’s form. To see if you’re flexible or stiff.”

Woojin responded shortly, understanding, and then the person on the other side of the phone changed. It was Choi Sung-gun’s voice.

“PD-nim, hello, this is Choi Sung-gun.”