Chapter 46 - Projection (4)

Hong Hye-yeon, who was watching Kang Woojin, who was a few steps away from the white van, frowned. He was laughing in front of the van. Hong Hye-yeon’s face became more serious.

“···What’s up with him? What is he doing?”

Her outfit made her seriousness even more pronounced. She was dressed as the detective ‘Jung Hyun-hee’. The sound of Woojin’s voice wasn’t clear from inside the van. It was muffled.

“Haha… I shouldn’t, but it keeps coming…”

Indeed, it was a frivolous laugh that you could never see from the usual Kang Woojin.

Thanks to that.

-Thud!

Hong Hye-yeon quickly moved her body as she threw away the pink eye mask that she had on her forehead.

-Swoosh.

Hong Hye-yeon, who opened the van’s door, rushed towards Kang Woojin.

“Woojin!”

At this moment, Kang Woojin abruptly stopped his giggling. No, he was taken aback. Given the situation, it was highly likely that Hong Hye-yeon had seen Kang Woojin without the persona. So Woojin froze. Despite Hong Hye-yeon’s call, he just stared blankly at the van’s window.

However,

“Kang Woojin!”

Unable to hold back, Hong Hye-yeon, who was standing right behind Woojin, grabbed Kang Woojin’s shoulder and turned him around. Then, Hong Hye-yeon’s face came into Woojin’s view. Her face, with tied long hair, was very serious. Kang Woojin immediately felt awkward. No, this was a crisis.

“……”

“……”

A moment of silence. Neither Kang Woojin nor Hong Hye-yeon said anything, just staring at each other. Then, Kang Woojin broke the silence. He was cautious and his tone was low.

“···How long have you been here?”

“From the beginning.”

For a moment, Kang Woojin’s stern face twitched slightly. Then, he let out a slightly weak sigh.

“Sigh…”

A mixture of resignation and despair. That’s when it happened.

-Swoosh!

Suddenly, Hong Hye-yeon grabbed both of Kang Woojin’s shoulders and shook him violently.

“You shouldn’t do that!”

Kang Woojin’s shook aimlessly. But Hong Hye-yeon did not stop, and suddenly she pressed her face right up to Woojin’s nose. It was close. Too close? Unconsciously, Woojin instinctively pulled his face back.

However, Hong Hye-yeon looked seriously into Kang Woojin’s eyes. 1 second, 5 seconds, 10 seconds.

Then.

“Get a hold of yourself!”

Once again, Hong Hye-yeon vigorously shook Kang Woojin’s shoulders.

At that moment.

“What’s going on?! What happened?!!”

From afar, Choi Sung-gun came running. Behind him was the bulky Jang Su-hwan. As if things couldn’t get worse, more people gathered. At this time, Choi Sung-gun, who had gotten to know Kang Woojin and Hong Hye-yeon’s personalities, said.