Chapter 126 - Fireworks (6)

10 minutes.

After the official statement from Director Kyotaro’s side was released, similar or nearly identical articles began to flood Japan.

『The Korean actor, officially announced by Director Kyotaro Tanoguchi, is ‘Kang Woojin’, a real newcomer.』

The issue was already a hot topic. The controversy had grown due to Kyotaro’s interview and had attracted the attention of many.

『’Toega’ Film Company confirms Korean actor ‘Kang Woojin’ for casting.』

Thus, the Japanese media replicated the official statement faster than light.

Finally, a clear answer had emerged.

『Kang Woojin is the first newcomer to lead a foreign film in both Korea and Japan!』

With their curiosity neatly resolved, the Japanese public reacted with a mix of enthusiasm and grumbling.

-Of course, it was Kang Woojin! I like it! He’s a good actor.

-I thought it was already somewhat confirmed in Korea, but why did they hide it then??

-Maybe they kept it a secret because the issue became too big?

-Still, having a Korean actor in ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’ which I like, is a bit…

-Kang Woojin! I really like him! Check out his YouTube, you’ll all become his fans!

-I think it’s better to have a Korean actor. Anyway, Japanese actors’ performances have been deteriorating.

-I like it too. If you have a complaint, start by watching ‘Hanryang’ on Netflix.

-It’s impressive… How did a newcomer secure a leading role?

·

·

·

Regardless, all the facts were now revealed. This situation was unprecedented for Japan, and the public was abuzz with this novel spectacle.

Of course, not everyone in Japan viewed it positively. There was a lot of skepticism too.

『’Korea’s Newcomer Actor’ Revealed, But Film Industry Insiders Are Skeptical.』

『Who is ‘Kang Woojin’? Netizens’ Concerns Grow.』

However, one thing was consistent: the focus of Japan’s media and public opinion was now on ‘Kang Woojin’ and ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger.’

His name and recognition skyrocketed.

There was already a buildup, so a boost was inevitable. ‘Hanryang’ on Netflix Japan also received frequent mentions.

『Director Kyotaro Tanoguchi’s ‘Kang Woojin’ Turns Out to Be a Supporting Actor in a Popular Korean Netflix Drama.』

Japanese reporters often covered Kang Woojin-related SNS, YouTube channels, filmographies, and past works. It was basic strategy yet essential, as the public clicked on news containing as much information as possible.

At this point, at the Japanese private broadcasting station TBE.

“PD~nim!!”

Writers from ‘Ame-talk Show!’ rushed to PD Shinjo.

“It’s Woojin! It’s really Woojin!”

“What are you talking about?”

“I mean the ‘Korean newcomer actor’ that Director Kyotaro Tanoguchi mentioned! It’s Woojin!”