Chapter 73 - Expansion (2)

Even now, the comments were pouring in like crazy. The name ‘Kang Woojin’ was frequently mentioned among them. There were also references to Park Dae-ri and memes like “It’d be less annoying”

Would this trend continue to rise?

Of course, names of main actors like Ryu Jung-min and Hong Hye-yeon were also frequently mentioned. But after every other comment, Kang Woojin’s name would come up. At this, Woojin thought:

‘Wow, this is insane.’

He tried to maintain a cool facade, but inside he was taken aback. Seeing hundreds of people talking about him made his heart flutter. Such a strong reaction, but why? Woojin wondered.

‘Did something big happen on the day of the ‘sports day’ filming?’

There were moments during the filming when PD Yoon Byung-seon or the staff burst into laughter, but generally, Kang Woojin did his best in every scene, whether it was talking or playing a game.

‘I didn’t think I had that much screen time?’

He hadn’t expected much. Though it was for promotional purposes, it was his first variety show and throughout the filming, he had maintained an indifferent expression. Comedy is supposed to be about laughter, right? Woojin didn’t understand, but Choi Sung-gun seemed to know exactly why.

“Woojin, your stoic demeanor became a comedic highlight. It’s like, you’re serious but people find it funny. Your initial haughtiness also added a twist.”

That was it. To the audience, Kang Woojin’s portrayal appeared a bit quirky. He seemed cold and sharp, but also oddly sloppy at times.

“If you read the comments, you’ll understand. People love your pure madness, your emotionless charm, the socially inept Park Dae-ri, your awkwardness in human relationships. People appreciate your indifference.”

It was strange. He hadn’t intended any of it. And pure? Woojin chuckled inwardly. Pure? Me? The same Woojin who was mesmerized by a kiss scene. A man with a dark side. Amidst all this, Woojin noticed another comment:

-LOL Kang Woojin kinda looks like an arrogant Golden Retriever LOL.

A Golden Retriever? Woojin couldn’t understand people’s perceptions. Anyway, if they like it, then that’s good, right? Even though he felt slightly taken aback, Woojin let it slide.

He then checked the thumbnail of the ‘Sports Day’ video.

It was a picture with the faces of actors such as Ryu Jung-min and Hong Hye-yeon. The issue was that Kang Woojin’s face was the largest. Naturally, he was expressionless. Below Woojin’s face, there was a caption.

-??? Who on earth is he???

Other actors had their names under their faces. Why only me?

‘Why did they zoom in on my face like that?’

Internally grumbling, Woojin calmly asked Choi Sung-gun.

“Why is my face the largest?”

“It’s probably because you’re the standout, right?”

“You’re saying my head is big?”

“A little?”

Kang Woojin’s face became even more expressionless. Noticing this, Choi Sung-gun, with his sly smile, laughed.

“I’m joking. If your head is big, then what does that make me, an alien? It’s because you’re the main focus in the first episode, so your face is featured prominently. Want to see?”