Chapter 75 - Expansion (4)

It was as he had thought. The bundle of papers was the completed script by Director Kyotaro Tanoguchi. With this, Woojin now had two masterpieces of scripts, one from Director Kwon Ki-taek and another from Director Kyotaro. One domestic and one foreign.

‘Oh, did that Japanese director really send his script?’

Woojin’s last meeting with Director Kyotaro had been at the company. There, Director Kyotaro had spoken a bit ambiguously, but ultimately, he had wanted Woojin to join him for a venture in Japan.

‘What did he say? Hmm, something about the script being adapted and it was based on a famous Japanese novelist’s work?’

That was a few weeks ago. Frankly, Woojin had assumed that it had all fizzled out due to lack of communication. Considering the nature of the entertainment industry, with all its complex interests, Woojin had thought that the director might have changed his mind after returning to Japan.

But he hadn’t gone silent.

The actual script from the Japanese maestro had truly arrived. If this news reached the Korean media, they would go wild. But for now, it was confidential. An excited Woojin then shifted his gaze from CEO Choi Sung-gun to the script.

The title and director’s name were written on the script cover, of course, in Japanese.

– ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’

– Director/ Kyotaro Tanoguchi

After confirming the title, Woojin murmured to himself,

”The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’? It sounds profound. But I feel like I’ve heard it somewhere.’

The title wasn’t entirely unfamiliar. Maybe because it was based on a famous novel? Woojin felt like he had heard it somewhere, but he wasn’t particularly familiar with books.

‘Is it just my imagination?’

At that moment, Choi Sung-gun tapped Woojin’s shoulder.

“The email said to have a meeting after you’ve read the script. So that means Director Kyotaro will come back to Korea. Just by looking at this, I can tell this project is big.”

“Is the director coming back to Korea?”

“Yes. I’m not sure if he’ll change his mind later, but for now, that’s what you should know. I don’t know when he’ll arrive.”

Really? Because of me? Seriously? At the slightly surprised Woojin, Choi Sung-gun smiled and said.

“I felt it when Director Kyotaro visited the company last time. He’s genuinely interested in you. He’s known to favor those he likes, but from his actions, it seems like there’s another reason beyond casting.”

Choi Sung-gun signaled Woojin to get into the car, barely containing his excitement. Woojin, trying to remain expressionless, climbed into the van. Jang Su-hwan and Han Ye-jung were not there. Choi Sung-gun, who was in the driver’s seat, explained why.

“They’ll join us around lunchtime today. They’ve had some intense days, so I told them to rest a bit and then come.”

“Oh, okay.”

Woojin nodded, and Choi Sung-gun slowly started the car. As he turned the steering wheel, he occasionally glanced at Woojin in the rearview mirror.

‘I hope he decides to do this after reading the script. I wish that instinct within him activates again.’

He chuckled softly.

‘If Woojin decides to join Director Kyotaro’s project, it will really shake up Korea.’