Chapter 148 - Artillery Fire (3)

Since Kang Woojin made his appearance in the domestic entertainment industry, many epithets have followed him. Monster rookie, acting genius, Chungmuro’s blue chip, rising star, etc. Among them, words like ‘unique’ or ‘first-ever’ stood out distinctly. Indeed, the waves he created in the industry were not just one or two.

This applied to Kang Woojin himself as well.

For him, a ordinary citizen, everything he did in the entertainment industry was novel and a first. And now, in the entertainment industry and as Woojin, he had set a first, quite a remarkable precedent.

[Today’s Top 10 Contents in South Korea]

1. Male Friend

The mere short drama ‘Male Friend’ taking first place. Just one day after launch. Pushing aside all the other formidable and Netflix’s blockbuster contents. Of course, Woojin had already taken first place with Hanryang. However, ‘Male Friend’ was a bit different from Hanryang. Hanryang was full of top actors, and Kang Woojin was a supporting role.

But this time, it was his first achievement as a lead.

Thus, Kang Woojin was.

‘1st place… Crazy! I really took 1st place??!’

He was almost glowing with excitement as he looked at Netflix’s overall rankings. His face maintained a firm concept of indifference to the world, but in his heart, he wanted to immediately embrace Han Ye-jung, Choi Sung-gun, and other staff members.

‘Wow- Fuck!! I wasn’t not expecting it, but seeing it actually… Ah, no. Don’t laugh. Don’t laugh, you bastard!’

He wanted to dance a shoulder dance, or even a talchum¹. At that moment, the voice of executive director Kim So-hyang, came through the phone Woojin had pressed to his ear.

“Huh? Woojin-ssi, are you listening?”

Woojin snapped back to reality and forcibly doused the burning excitement within him with cold water. Calm down, calm down. Then, an amazingly low deep voice came out.

“Ah, yes. I’m listening.”

“Aren’t you happy? It’s a first, you know?”

“Yes. I’m happy. It’s good news.”

“Your tone doesn’t sound too happy?”

“No, I’m happy.”

“Hm? Ah, right. The OST release and the opening in Japan are still ahead, so it’s too early to be happy, right? I see.”

Eh? What’s that? Suddenly, what are you talking about? Regardless, Kim So-hyang once again ended the call with congratulations. Simultaneously, not only Choi Sung-gun but also Jang Su-hwan, Han Ye-jung, and all the staff were jubilant.

“Huge, huge!! Congrats, oppa!”

“Hyung! Ah- I’m so happy for you! Yes!”

“1st place! 1st place!!”

Seeing them celebrating on his behalf, Woojin showed a satisfied smile inwardly. Soon, Choi Sung-gun, who had calmed everyone’s frenzy, looked at Woojin and smiled.

“Alright, everyone calm down. Look at Woojin, huh? Acting as if he expected all this, so calm. Let’s act like it was easy for us too, something like that.”

Kim So-hyang and Choi Sung-gun might have made mistaken assumptions on their own, but Kang Woojin, as usual, handled it with composure.

“There were many events. Including Hwalin-nim, everyone worked hard.”