Chapter 25 - Change (2)

Kang Woojin was hungry. He hadn’t eaten anything since lunch yesterday. He was regretting unintentionally skipping the beef party dinner last night.

‘Doing all this acting and pretending, it’s all about making a living to eat. Ah- my beef.’

What could he do? His tension was suddenly relieved, and he fell asleep. Woojin’s current expression was overlaid with a slight depression, in addition to his usual facade. It was expressed as excessive cynicism. At least that’s how it appeared to Hong Hye-yeon, standing beside Kang Woojin.

‘Somehow… he looks more cold-hearted than usual. Is he still feeling the emotions from Park Dae-ri yesterday?’

Hong Hye-yeon, with her long hair tied in one side, glanced at Woojin’s mood from time to time. Soon, she was going to make a suggestion to him.

Then.

-Swoosh.

Hong Hye-yeon gestured into the open door of the van.

“Shall we go?”

Escorted by Hong Hye-yeon? Sweet. Woojin, who somehow suppressed his joy, nodded shortly.

“Yes.”

At that moment.

“Hello, Woojin.”

A man’s voice came from behind Woojin as he was getting into the white van. Turning around, he saw a stranger, whom he had never seen before. Hong Hye-yeon, who was already in the van, introduced him.

“My agency’s CEO.”

CEO Choi Sung-gun extended his hand to Kang Woojin.

“Woojin, do you have a moment?”

Since he is the CEO of Hong Hye-yeon’s agency, Kang Woojin also had a connection to him.

‘Is this guy the investor for ‘Exorcism’?’

The investor of the short film ‘Exorcism’. In other words, he was in a position similar to a landlord for the protagonist, Kang Woojin. It was awkward to treat him lightly. Kang Woojin answered quietly as he got into the van.

“Go ahead.”

Soon, CEO Choi Sung-gun joined them as well, three people gathered in Hong Hye-yeon’s van. CEO Choi Sung-gun was the one who initiated the conversation.

“You look even more handsome up close. I’m Choi Sung-gun, the CEO of bw Entertainment.”

That’s just lip service. Unimpressed, Woojin introduced himself as well.

“I’m Kang Woojin.”

“Haha, I know, I know. The hottest thing in this script reading was none other than Kang Woojin. You really nailed it, didn’t you?”

At this point, Woojin sized up the CEO across from him. His demeanor was slightly peculiar, serious yet mixed with lightness. CEO Choi Sung-gun continued.

“By chance, I ended up having a connection with Kang Woojin. You know that we invested in ‘Exorcism’?”

“Yes.”

“That’s because I heard a lot from our Hong-star. However, this time the main character isn’t Hye-yeon. Woojin, please take good care of ‘Exorcism’.”

CEO Choi Sung-gun, who bowed his head slightly to Kang Woojin, suddenly changed to a serious face.

“Anyway, let’s cut to the chase. As far as I know, Woojin doesn’t have an agency yet, I want bw Entertainment, no, me to be with you at your starting point as an actor.”