Chapter 120 - Multi (8)

It was about two people, the story of ‘Corporal Jin Sun-cheol.’ Specifically, it was the acting displayed by Kang Woojin in front of over a hundred people gathered at the reading. In ‘Island of the Missing’, he was a character of interest, talked about a lot and receiving much attention.

Of course, the casting process had been extraordinarily unconventional.

Moreover, he was currently the hottest actor in the domestic entertainment industry. Naturally, the gaze of other actors and stakeholders couldn’t help but focus on Kang Woojin.

Thus, most of the staff had this thought while looking at Woojin.

‘It’s going to be burdensome.’

A sense of burden. The majority of the hundred people felt the same way, except for Director Kwon Ki-taek and Ryu Jung-min. However, it took no time for Woojin to flip this atmosphere.

Everyone’s posture and attitude were readjusted.

‘Is this even real? It’s absurd.’

‘He doesn’t seem hesitant or troubled at all. Did he never feel any pressure from the start?’

‘Surely… That’s why Director Kwon… He’s truly exceptional.’

‘He doesn’t succumb to this stifling atmosphere; rather, he ‘s even dominating it?’

No, Kang Woojin did feel an insane amount of pressure.

‘Wow, these gazes are really burdensome.’

But he suppressed it. He held it down firmly. It was like a desperate struggle, and for some reason, he felt defiant. If he could overcome this situation, he could become even stronger.

Regardless, the reading continued.

Only veterans were gathered here. It wasn’t a place to be shaken by momentary shock. Soon, starting with Ryu Jung-min, several actors continuously delivered their lines. The atmosphere gradually heated up. Despite the air conditioning running at full blast, the room felt hotter. Some actors were even wiping sweat.

Ryu Jung-min threw a line at Kang Woojin.

“Jin Sun-cheol, are you not in your right mind? If it’s tough, we can consider excluding you.”

Kang Woojin locked eyes with Ryu Jung-min. An awkward but best-effort smile spread around his eyes. It was like a screw had come loose.

“Ha, I can do it, sir!”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, sir!”

“You’ve got enough experience as a corporal, so put some strength into it, okay? Eh? Speak up if it’s tough.”

“Uh, uh- yes, yes, I understand.”

However, ‘Corporal Jin Sun-cheol’s’ tone was oddly aggressive. There was something uncomfortable about him. As if to prove this, Kang Woojin’s eyes turned fierce in an instant.

“Damn it, you bastard first lieutenant.”

‘Corporal Jin Sun-cheol’ was basically timid. Yet, within him, a ferocious side was inherent. However, this distinction was not clearly visible.

But the nature was noticeable.

This subtle nature caused discomfort in others. It was a buildup. Kang Woojin’s current acting wasn’t just about portraying two different characters but slowly depicting an indiscernible shadow.

Ha Yu-ra, who had gone through the elite path, furrowed her brows.

‘Displaying such a character who is hiding another persona so easily?’