Chapter 37 - Hanryang (3)

Inside a high and enormous warehouse studio set. The difference from the ‘Exorcism’ days was quite literally like heaven and earth. Woojin was genuinely astonished. What could possibly be prepared inside such a large and spacious warehouse?

“They even shoot dramas in such a large logistics warehouse-”

Moreover, the number of staff members was tremendous.

The lighting team running around with lighting equipment, the shooting team carefully moving the cameras, the directing team coating the entire scene with shooting storyboard, and the props team moving various props in a minibus, and so on.

There were roughly more than 60 people. With the addition of actors and their management teams, it would easily surpass 100 people.

‘All these people are going to watch my acting?’

The energy of the staff was different from the script reading time.

Even then, there were about a hundred people, but there was no movement, so it was static. However, this was like a battlefield itself, and the first day of shooting, so how nervous would you be?

Thanks to that, Kang Woojin,

“Oh- shi. This is a bit overwhelming.”

His veins began to throb throughout his body along with his heart. This was a different kind of nervousness. Yes, it was close to tension. In the midst of this grandeur, he had to perform in front of hundreds of eyes watching.

For Woojin, who was close to an ordinary person, it was normal that his breathing became faster.

Still,

‘Phew- deep breaths, deep breaths. Just think of them all as cats and dogs. That’s all it takes.’

Woojin had already finished his warm-up at ‘Exorcism’. Hence, he cooled down his fiercely pounding heart.

Around that time,

-Swoosh.

Two people joined Kang Woojin who was looking at the studio set. It was road manager Jang Su-hwan and stylist Han Ye-jung. Han Ye-jung, with green patches in her short hair, glanced at the expressionless Kang Woojin.

‘Why is he so calm? Isn’t he nervous at all? How peculiar.”

Then, the bulky Jang Su-hwan exclaimed somewhat cheekily.

“Wow- shi. This place is huge, isn’t it?! Are you okay, Woojin Hyung? I’m nervous, it’s my first time on a real set, I’m nervous!”

Although his voice was yet to mature, his voice was loud. Looking at him, the expressionless Kang Woojin answered inwardly.

‘Comrade, I’m also nervous.’

But outwardly, he remained cool.

“I’m also nervous.”

“Eh? You look so calm though??! Ah! Maybe you’re pretending to be nervous for my sake?”

Why do they interpret on their own after I said I was nervous? However, Woojin gave up explaining. Instead, he showed composure.

“It’ll be fine soon.”

“Yes! I’ll secretly take some deep breaths.”

Choi Sung-gun, who had been on the phone somewhere, appeared laughing.

“Alright, let’s go in!”

With that, team Kang Woojin entered the large studio.

The studio set was even more enormous inside than outside. It was not only vast, but also, what to say, quite spectacular? Different sets for shooting were laid out in each section. Dozens of staff members were bustling about these sets.