Chapter 62 - Many (1)

Honestly, Woojin was unaware of the role’s setting for ‘Mysterious Man Next Door’. However, in the role he chose without much thought, a situation similar to those in English and Japanese unfolded.

[“A new language other than the base language has been detected. Acquiring ‘Sign Language’ first.”]

A robotic female voice stating that sign language would be acquired. Due to this unexpected turn, a smile appeared on Kang Woojin’s face.

“Sign language? So, this role of ‘Mysterious Man Next Door’ uses sign language, huh? That’s great. The more languages, the better.”

Language is the power of culture, and Kang Woojin had already acquired English and Japanese. Sign language was unfamiliar to Woojin, but not unwelcome. No, it was actually quite intriguing.

Its unfamiliarity made it unique.

It might be easier to learn languages like English or Japanese since they’re more commonly seen, but sign language was not so common. As Kang Woojin heard the robotic female voice again,

[“Preparing ‘Sign Language’ reading ……”]

[“……Preparation complete. Starting ‘Sign Language’ reading.”]

He muttered to himself, “It’s rare, so it might come in handy later. Anyway, this is awesome.”

At the same time, a vast grayness engulfed Kang Woojin. Soon, he felt a tingling sensation in his lower abdomen. However, he wasn’t too fazed as he had experienced this before.

His surroundings were entirely gray, and Woojin was floating.

Woojin smiled slightly and stared straight ahead, knowing that something was coming.

As expected.

“Here it comes.”

From a distance, some form started to approach. It moved at a speed similar to the English and Japanese. This form was soon visible to Kang Woojin.

“It’s… hands.”

Hand shapes. No body, but hands, visible up to the shoulders, flew towards Kang Woojin and seeped into him.

One by one, numerous hand shapes followed.

A moment later.

[“Ending the new language ‘Sign Language’ reading.”]

With that female voice, Woojin’s world shifted from the void space to the meeting room. Kang Woojin’s posture remained as it was when he received the script for ‘Frozen Love’ part one. He then checked his condition.

‘Yeah, I’m okay. Not too tired.’

He was gradually becoming familiar with this process. He was exhausted when learning English, slightly better with Japanese, but with sign language, he felt mostly the same.

A slight heaviness in his body?

Just as his body adapted to repetitive acting, Kang Woojin’s fatigue had significantly reduced upon acquiring his third language. This too must be a feature of this void space.

‘I feel like I can use sign language right away.’

Of course, the sign language from the void space felt vivid to him. Just like English and Japanese, it was now imprinted in him. He felt he could immediately move his hands and convey messages through sign language.

Kang Woojin was somewhat astonished.

‘Seriously, this void space is overpowered.’

While he was familiar with English and Japanese even before acquiring them, sign language was different. He had only seen it briefly in the news a couple of times. For Woojin, it was beyond unfamiliar; it was completely foreign.