Chapter 141 - Counterattack (4)

After an unexpected rumor about the Kashiwa Group first surfaced in Japan.

『Kashiwa Group, Interested in the Crumbling ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’? Rumors in the Film Industry』

As if it was all planned, the recently cornered ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’ team officially announced their stance.

『[Official] ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’ Team: “Investment Issue Resolved, Fully Committed to Production”』

‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’ had been like a messy battlefield of arguments. Honestly, the media and public opinion had thought that ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’ would collapse just like that. That was the picture painted, and internally, it was similar.

But did ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’ make a comeback?

It was eye-opening news. We’re not talking about a small amount of money, but over 10 billion, nearing 20 billion won, right? Above all, amidst various rumors and nonsense, the image of ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’ had plummeted. And then overnight, all the investment issues were resolved?

『The Reason ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger,’ which Lost About 70% of Its Investment, Came Back to Life』

It was too quick. Normally, in cases like ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’ in the film industry, solutions would come gradually over time.

In other words, there’s usually a process involved.

But with ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger,’ it was incredibly abrupt, especially considering the scale of 20 billion won. The Japanese media, upon hearing this news, were initially skeptical even as they wrote their articles.

“Is it true that ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’ has resolved all its investment issues?”

“Well, I’m not sure. But with public opinion already in the gutter, would they really make an official statement based on a lie? That would just be like peeing on your own foot, wouldn’t it? They’d be exposed right away.”

“Right? It’s strange. I heard almost half of the investment vanished in a short period. How did they manage to secure it overnight? The total investment was over 10 billion won, wasn’t it?”

“There were even talks of 20 billion. It’s odd. With its declining trend, there seemed to be no investors willing to extend a hand to ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger.'”

That’s why.

“Hey! Look at this! There’s news that the Kashiwa Group stepped in to cover the investments for ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’!!”

“Huh?? What are you talking about??”

“I have no idea!”

It was an absurd, unbelievable rumor about the Kashiwa Group, but it gained traction. The timing of its emergence played a part.

『Did the Kashiwa Group Save the Fallen ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’? Where is the Source?』

The Kashiwa Group and ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’ had no prior connection or indication of such. There was absolutely no basis for any such possibility. So, it seemed clear that it was utter nonsense.

But the Japanese media spread the story first, then checked facts.

It was the Kashiwa Group, within the top 10 of Japan’s business hierarchy. Missing out on even a brief appetizer of such a story would be foolish.