Chapter 105 - Short Drama (5)

[“‘A: Han In-ho’s’ reading is over.”]

With the familiar robotic female voice marking the end, Kang Woojin, who had just finished the ‘reading’ (experience) of ‘Male Friend,’ returned to reality. Actors and staff were bustling around in the reading room, going through the revised script.

Kang Woojin looked around the entire reading room.

-Swish.

Starting from Hwalin, who was checking the newly received script while brushing through her long hair, Director Shin Dong-chun having a conversation with writer Choi Na-na, the tense actors, murmuring staff, and the handful of reporters allowed entry, all were busy.

“……”

No one could imagine that Woojin had just lived a life as Han In-ho. It was only a few seconds for them, but Kang Woojin had indeed lived in Han In-ho’s world, everything about him imprinted in his memory.

‘It’s definitely different, what’s this feeling?’

Although it wasn’t his first time reading as Han In-ho, Kang Woojin could feel it again. The state after reading was certainly different from other works. For example, he had to constantly remind himself of reality while playing the role of Park Dae-ri from ‘Hanryang.’

The fact that his concept and misunderstandings helped his psyche was also clear.

But Han In-ho was somewhat fluffy. There was no particular discomfort. On the contrary, it warmed his heart. The vivid world of Han In-ho was enjoyable. The school days or college life everyone wants to go back to.

Was it because the vibrant energy of youth had permeated through?

‘I can’t always do works like this, but it’s definitely good to do something sweet in between.’

He needed to balance with refreshing works, both psychologically and mentally. There might not be any significant issues now, but it was uncertain whether this solid mentality would continue. He had to always keep in mind the possibility of becoming mentally damaged when using the void space.

In this way, Kang Woojin grew once again.

In the meantime,

“Alright- If everyone has read the revised script, shall we start soon?”

Director Shin Dong-chun, with his square jaw, seated at the head of the table, signaled the beginning of the reading. Consequently, promotional reporters raised their cameras, and the concentration among dozens of staff surrounding the actors increased. Especially personnel from the production company and Netflix.

Among them, plump Executive Director Kim So-hyang whispered to her team leaders sitting next to her.

“I’m looking forward to Woojin’s first rom-com performance, even though it’s just a reading.”

“Right. I wonder if that calm face will change in an instant, just like when he played Park Dae-ri?”

Responding to the question, Kim So-hyang stroked her chin, looking at Kang Woojin at his cynical best.

“‘Han In-ho’ is definitely a character who will sweep the female audience off their feet, and it’s not just about acting, but the sync rate with Woojin is perfect. With this, Woojin’s image will become 100% more diversified.”

“Absolutely. He debuted with a villainous aura as Park Dae-ri, but with Han In-ho, he’ll be the ultimate boyfriend material.”

“We should send a few more scripts his way before Woojin gets too busy. Do we have any good rom-com scripts or scenarios?”