Chapter 121 - Fireworks (1)

Kang Woojin’s response made Choi Sung-gun narrow his eyes.

“‘Kang Woojin’s Alter Ego’? So, you mean to name the channel ‘Kang Woojin’s Alter Ego’?”

Was it a dismissal? Honestly, Woojin had just casually given a response. After all, he had never once thought about a YouTube channel name in his life.

‘It seems important to have a hobby-like, casual vibe, so ‘Kang Woojin’s Alter Ego’ doesn’t sound too bad. Is it really that strange?’

Woojin voiced his internal musings.

“Yes, ‘Kang Woojin’s Alter Ego.’ Does it sound strange?”

Choi Sung-gun, stroking his chin, shook his head.

“Hmm- ‘Kang Woojin’s Alter Ego’ channel, huh? It seems good? It seems nonchalant and gives off the vibe of not caring too much. The casual naming adds a touch of humor.”

“Is that so?”

“Did you pretend not to care but actually thought about it?”

No, not at all. It just came to mind just now. Unaware of this, Choi Sung-gun continued, opening his diary while pulling Woojin along.

“You’ve got about 10 minutes before you need to be on set, so let me explain what’s going to happen. You should know what’s coming up.”

Soon, Kang Woojin and Choi Sung-gun moved to a quiet corner, passing a corridor bustling with the filming team, and Choi Sung-gun, with his diary tucked under his arm, met Woojin’s eyes. His expression became serious.

“First, about Director Kyotaro’s matter. As you’ve seen, Japan is in a frenzy over ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’ issue. The rumors about casting a Korean actor. Like I said, I initiated that. Consider that I’ve handled it.”

“Ah- Yes.”

“Of course, everything has been discussed with Director Kyotaro’s side. We’ve roughly outlined the plan, and currently, it’s rolling as planned. Originally, Director Kyotaro wanted to reveal you around the official shooting time, but that timing wasn’t quite right for us. So, I persuaded him.”

Woojin, with an indifferent face, listened intently, prompting Choi Sung-gun to lower his voice even more.

“First off, this matter is meant to cover up your past, but it’s also meant to amplify several issues at once. ‘Hanryang’ just blew up in Japan, right? It’s still number one on Netflix Japan and is even making its way onto Japanese TV beyond the internet. And it’s coupled with ‘Ame-talk show!’. We’ve even secured a solo appearance. Right?”

“Yes, CEO.”

“If it were just that, we wouldn’t need to stir up Director Kyotaro’s issue. But let’s think bigger. The shooting of ‘Male Friend’ is in its final stages, and it’s confirmed for release on Netflix in Japan, right? Even the OST featuring you and Hwalin will be released. Considering the timing, it’s your next work following ‘Hanryang’, but frankly, your current popularity in Japan is a bit weak.”

“I’m aware. We have to rely on Hwalin’s popularity in Japan.”

“Right, Kim So-hyang, the executive director, and Director Shin Dong-chun probably think the same. Even though ‘Hanryang’ blew up, it’s not like your popularity skyrocketed alone. It’s a bit ambiguous.”

“That’s why you’re using ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’.”

Choi Sung-gun’s lips curved up at the question.