Chapter 168 - Breaking (7)

“······Hmm? What did you just say, Woojin~ssi?”

At Kang Woojin’s sharp refusal, the voice of Seo Gu-seob, the CEO on the other end of the phone, cooled down. However, Woojin’s response was not much different from before.

“It’s difficult to talk right now.”

CEO Seo Gu-seob forced a laugh. That was the tone.

“Did you hear my name clearly, Kang Woojin~ssi? And that it’s from GGO Entertainment?”

“I can hear you fine.”

“And so?”

What do you mean, ‘And so?’ Kang Woojin sighed softly. He would have liked to treat it as a voice phishing scam and hang up right away, but in the jungle-like entertainment industry, rumors spread faster than light. He preferred to avoid unnecessary gossip. Choi Sung-gun had also warned him to be careful.

‘GGO Entertainment, I’ve heard a lot about it. Anyway, let’s end this call appropriately.’

If it’s a major entertainment company, their influence would be stronger. Before he knew it, Woojin had reached the level where he even took care of his own image.

Soon, Kang Woojin spoke again in a low tone.

“I have to go into shooting.”

“Ah- Is that so? Then let’s make this quick. I heard about your one-year contract, and our GGO Entertainment is quite interested. We’d like to meet as soon as possible.”

“This week seems difficult.”

Maybe even until next year.

“······Difficult?”

“It includes a schedule in Japan.”

“Ah, ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’?”

Disappointed yet exhaling a strange breath, CEO Seo Gu-seob on the other end of the phone suddenly laughed.

“Ha-ha, okay, then let’s meet as soon as possible after you return from that. Even though our start with the ‘Mise-en-scène Film Festival’ wasn’t great, in terms of business, we should see it as fate.”

“I’ll check and get back to you.”

“Alright, I’ll be waiting. Oh- Just so you know, we’re willing to meet all the conditions you want.”

“Thank you.”

-Click.

Only after the call ended did Kang Woojin clearly remember who CEO Seo Gu-seob was. The clue was ‘Mise-en-scène Film Festival’. Well, his face was vague, but they had crossed paths at the ‘Mise-en-scène Film Festival’. Fallen top actor Park Jung-hyuk, who tried to white wash his image with ‘Exorcism’, also came to mind.

“Did I mess up the scene by getting involved?”

However, Woojin didn’t think too deeply about it. He just understood a bit why this entertainment industry is called a jungle. In the past, they would attack and turn red in the face, but now they laugh off as if they were friends.

Kang Woojin felt a bit off about how all relationships are tied to business here.

‘What can I do, I’ll have to adapt.’

Muttering to himself, he sent appropriate replies to the entertainment companies that had contacted him just now. The content was similar to what he told CEO Seo Gu-seob. There was no reason to get on their bad side, so he maintained courtesy. With that, Kang Woojin briefly lost himself in thought.