Chapter 180 - Appearance Fee (5)

“At Woojin’s first appearance scene…… the momentary peak viewership rate hit 19.1%”

The assistant director’s words slightly surprised the PD of ‘Freezing Love’.

Soon, the entire production team, including him, checked the screen of the laptop placed in front of the assistant director. The figures were unmistakable. The overall viewership rate for ‘Freezing Love’ was 12.8%, and the momentarily peak viewership rate occurred at Kang Woojin’s first appearance. Of course, the directing PD and the production staff had somewhat anticipated this.

However.

“Wow- W, Woojin is so hot right now, I thought there would be a lot of interest…… but this much.”

“That’s incredible. You can tell where Woojin appeared just by looking at the viewership rate segments.”

“Exactly. It really brings home how popular Woojin is.”

The figures exceeded expectations by a wide margin. This attracted the attention of KBC Drama Department PDs who crowded around like spectators, each adding their comment.

“Gosh, that’s quite a difference from the overall rate??”

“It’s not just ‘quite’; it’s a lot. I’ve never seen such a difference before.”

“A peak viewership rate of 19.1% – that’s crazy. Do I have to cast Kang Woojin in my next project?”

“Hey, PD Kim, do you think Kang Woojin would come just because you called him? He’s definitely going to turn you down.”

“But even in ‘Hanryang’, when Kang Woojin was there, it hit 25%, right? And then it dropped by about 5% after he left. Wow- Kang Woojin, does he really have that ticket power??”

The PDs shifted their conversation from ‘Freezing Love’ to focusing on Kang Woojin. Regardless, the PD of ‘Freezing Love’ composed himself.

‘The performance is quite satisfactory.’

This year’s KBC dramas have been rather lackluster. There were hardly any dramas that exceeded the 10% mark. Looking at it, ‘Freezing Love’ belongs to the top tier. However, the top drama of the year was still ‘Hanryang’, and the media had set up a rivalry between writer Park Eun-mi and Lee Wol-seon.

Because of this, the PD felt a bit of disappointment while holding his phone.

But still.

“Ah, yes. Writer-nim.”

The main PD had to inform Lee Wol-seon, who was waiting, about the overall viewership rate.

“The overall viewership rate has been released.”

Lee Wol-seon’s relatively calm voice came through the phone.

“How did it go?”

“···It went well! It can be considered the best this year.”

“How much?”

“The overall viewership rate was 12.8%.”

After hearing the results, Lee Wol-seon was silent for a moment before muttering softly.

“Tsk, I lost.”

The main PD quickly interjected.

“Writer-nim! You can ignore the viewership rate competition! The genres are different to begin with!”

“It’s okay. Just talking to myself. By the way, which scene was the momentary peak viewership rate for the first episode?”

“Uh? Ah- The momentary peak viewership rate was 19.1%, and it was the scene where Kang Woojin first appeared.”